Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West Virginia Opponent Preview: Villanova

West Virginia Opponent Preview: Villanova

http://wvgazette.com/Sports/WVU/200806290380

pretty interesting take on Villanova from the Charleston Gazette
    K.C. Keeler on Villanova's Defense: "I didn't think anyone could do that to our offense in the country, not just in this league. Anybody."

Villanova, Yes we have a Football Team

http://novafacts.blogspot.com/
    The Most Diverse and Ridculous Villanova blog on the Net

www.twitter.com/thefoyeeffect

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Re: West Virginia Opponent Preview: Villanova

'NOVA......IN SPANISH.....MEANS.........NO GO!!.......BRAWK/OBAMA!!

I'm pretty sure it's Italian for 2 in a row.. as in wins over delaware
    K.C. Keeler on Villanova's Defense: "I didn't think anyone could do that to our offense in the country, not just in this league. Anybody."

or it means "haven't seen the playoffs in quite some time, that is, other than watching the Hens on TV". Amazing that Spanish can so densely capture such a long phrase, isn't it?
    Proud Member of the Fightin' Blue Hen Nation

Quote Originally Posted by GannonFan View Post
    or it means "haven't seen the playoffs in quite some time, that is, other than watching the Hens on TV". Amazing that Spanish can so densely capture such a long phrase, isn't it?
    it's italian...
    if it was Spanish it would be Villanueva
    St. Thomas of Villanova was Italian.. therefore Villanova
    And this year is the year that not only breaks the drought, Delaware won't be in
    On another note.. name a Hen who is in the NFL making a big time difference.. (Flacco doesn't count) and don't name someone from the past

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyadestroya85 View Post
    it's italian...
    And this year is the year that not only breaks the drought, Delaware won't be in
    On another note.. name a Hen who is in the NFL making a big time difference.. (Flacco doesn't count) and don't name someone from the past
    So you don't want to include the past, probably since Gannon's NFL MVP award just a few years ago would be problematic for you. And you don't want to include the future because the QB who just got picked in the middle of the first round would again, be problematic. And the "big time difference" comment is to exclude guys like Mike Adams who are solid role players, albeit not stars, in the NFL right now. Don't you want to include limitations like no guys who are over 6'0" and no guys under 5'11"? How about not counting guys who more than three vowels in their last name? Or people born on an even-numbered day?
    Proud Member of the Fightin' Blue Hen Nation

My Team
    Alabama A&M

it's italian...

Don't you go and bring logic into this

its a good article, just realize that thanks to Appy, FCS teams aren't gonna sneak up on the FBS schools anytime soon, take it as a measure of respect from them

Smacking is so easy these days

Quote Originally Posted by GannonFan View Post
    So you don't want to include the past, probably since Gannon's NFL MVP award just a few years ago would be problematic for you. And you don't want to include the future because the QB who just got picked in the middle of the first round would again, be problematic. And the "big time difference" comment is to exclude guys like Mike Adams who are solid role players, albeit not stars, in the NFL right now. Don't you want to include limitations like no guys who are over 6'0" and no guys under 5'11"? How about not counting guys who more than three vowels in their last name? Or people born on an even-numbered day?
    If Gannon's MVP award would count, then Howie's Gold Jacket would as well..

it's italian...
    That's the difference between a winning football program and Nova. UD does not play and win to add up NFL players. We (UD, APP, GSU, Montana) play to add up National Championships. No disrespect to the Brian Westbrook's of the Nova world but it takes more than a couple all world players. I won't compare KC to Andy, at this point, but you also need a solid coaching/recruiting staff. We know who has the edge there in our schools history. Although you do have basketball. Enjoy your hoops!

Quote Originally Posted by DSUrocks07 View Post
    its a good article, just realize that thanks to Appy, FCS teams aren't gonna sneak up on the FBS schools anytime soon, take it as a measure of respect from them
    I don't know though.. we run a spread offense, and our defense is very similar to theirs.. so our O may know the looks.. I think we just have to play really well on special teams...