Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
I don't use many of the newer online sites because there run by novices who use others info. PFW is pretty good, but even they are a little slow in updated info.. Don't care for the others.. The ones i use in book form are scout services who have been doing this for a long time.. Well before all these internet types. Most of the books/lists that i used are released at the end of march or early april with updated supplements afterwards where needed.. So they are going to have all the info you need.

When you evaulate talent, once the season is over and the combine is over, you should have a good idea of where a player stands.. Pro day's are more of a verification period for scouts... Even the combine says little about a players actual football playing ability, no matter how fast or strong they are.. WebSites tend to move players around based on rumours and media opinions more so than actual ability, thus i only would acknowledge a few that have a good foundation behind them.
One other thing is that pro day results can get the attention of scouts. Some scouts will write a player off because he looked a little slow. Then they run a 4.4 or 4.5 at a pro day and they re-evaluate them many times.