Quote Originally Posted by USDFAN_55 View Post
I'm not in here trying to say Josh is better than Joe (vice versa). All I'm trying to say is that the media (including Kiper) has a knack for over hyping players each year. In a way I feel bad for Joe, because the hype will put a lot of pressure on him to succeed sooner; when in reality he could use at least two years with a good QB coach to work on the things that were neglected while he was at Deleware. All I've been doing is keeping it real. Some people take that as blasphemy. I'm sorry if I don't agree with the media in saying Flacco is an early 2nd round (possibly late 1st round) pick; not a very good value pick in my opinion. That in no way means I am not pulling for him to succeed. I too love seeing the small school players make it big in the NFL.
I agree with you. Flacco is more of a 4th round type guy to me. He could be good but needs time to develop.

Rating FCS players too high can hurt them by taking the chip off their shoulder. Many FCS players make it because they simply work hard due to feeling they are an underdog. FCS guys who go in the 1st and early 2nd round have a lot of pressure on them and it sort of takes away the chip on their shoulder. Anytime you see a FCS player with an ego they run into problems. Jerome Mathis had a bit of an ego and while he showed he had big talent he also ran into some off field issues. I like when a FCS player goes in the late rounds and comes out of nowhere i.e. Marques Colston types.