The architect of the most successful season in Texas State - San Marcos football history at the Division I level (yep Larry Teis, I did say Division I level) has been hired as an offensive coordinator for Capital University.

While David Bailiff did coach the 2005 Div I semifinalists from San Marcos, many of the impact players including Barrick Nealy, were brought in by Mataskis, who got in a fair share of trouble as it relates to recruiting practices and the amount of practice time, among other NCAA violations while at the school, that has made the playoffs just once since they've been Division I (sorry Larry, didn't mean for it to slip again...)...

(COLUMBUS, Ohio)-Capital University has announced three additions to its football staff as Manny Matsakis has been named offensive coordinator, while Henry Stanford and Robert White have been named offensive assistant coaches.

"We are excited to fill out our staff with three experienced coaches," commented Capital head coach Jim Bickel. "Each of these three people have been winners at everywhere they have been and they will bring much to our program on and off the field."

Matsakis has been a football coach for 17 years including assistant coaching stints at Kansas State, Hofstra, Wyoming and Texas Tech, while serving as a head coach at Emporia State (Kansas) and Texas State. Matsakis, a native of Shadyside, Ohio, is a 1984 Capital graduate, who as a placekicker holds the school-record for longest field goal in school history at 54 yards and in 1984 was an eighth round draft pick of the Philadelphia Eagles. Throughout his coaching history, Matsakis has been part of and led high powered innovate offenses. He has been a featured speaker at numerous coaching clinics and workshops.

http://www.capital.edu/17534/