I have a theory that if you are good enough to play in the NFL the plethora of scouts will find you no matter where you play. Just ask Jerry Rice or Terrell Owens, or the kid that got drafted out of D2 Finley this year. If you can play...you can play!!!!

So as I scroll through the draft results, 215 of the 257 spots were from P5 schools. About 30 came from G5 schools and the rest were FCS or lower...so, thinking about the portal and the FCS kids that take off for bigger and better at a G5 schools...it may not be a wise choice. No doubt the FBS schools are raiding the top level at FCS schools. The stories I hear is that many coaches are using the enticement of "NFL exposure"... so, looking at the numbers from the draft...I just don't think that carrot that they are dangling has any real weight at a G5 school (and reality is that is where the FCS kids are landing).
I just don't think the numbers support the claim that you will get better NFL exposure at a G5 school. Maybe when you add in UDFAs or retained on the 53, it changes...but if the numbers are anything like the draft...NOPE!!! If you are an FCS kid and you aren't getting P5 offers, it's probably best just to stay put and let the scouts find you. Thoughts?