Thread: North-South BBQ Bowl Between Gardner-Webb and Charleston Southern

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Re: North-South BBQ Bowl Between Gardner-Webb and Charleston Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Milktruck74 View Post
    While you are technically correct, I'm not sure Elon can be considered in this conversation. The location of the campus is only a part of the complete picture. You are not factoring in the student population or the league you participate in. Your kids are not from Alamance county anymore. Once you dumped the fighting Christians, kicked up the tuition, and started exclusively recruiting students from NOVA and the northeast, you lost all cred amongst the TRUE BBQ FAITHFUL. In fact, on a tour with my eldest, the guide (a young man from outside Boston) explained that the school would do fun events for the kids several times a semester. Included in his list of things was a "Bar-B-Que" on the lawn....WITH HOT DOGS AND HAMBURGERS...Really?
    Most likely those were all beef hot dogs … just sayin’

https://www.elon.edu/u/students/hill...0every%20year.

#29 - between Yale & U. of Chicago (neither known for their outstanding nearby BBQ joints) https://www.hillel.org/2020-top-60-jewish-schools/

3x the % of NC’s population %. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Just facts.

And we all know NC BBQ dang sure ain’t kosher.
    Last edited by FUBeAR; February 7th, 2024 at 08:45 AM.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model