Quote Originally Posted by Catbooster View Post
I'm not sure, I've heard/read that they have over 30 seniors (can't remember the exact number), which would be roughly 1/3 of the roster if I'm not mistaken. But I've also heard that due to Covid years, etc. about half of the seniors may be back next year.
They're losing quite a bit I believe - All-American OT Greenfield, All-American OG McCormick, All-MVFC TE Heins, the Janke bros at WR (one is first team all-MVFC and the other is honorable mention), All-MVFC DE Terveer, All-MVFC LB Freeman, All-MVFC DT Van Marel, and 3-yeard starting CB Gales. I'm probably missing some but that's the 6th year guys that I know of that are key pieces of their team. Their All-American RB Isaiah Davis could come back next year but it seems most are expecting him to declare for the NFL draft where he could be a mid-round pick.

I wouldn't expect them to come crashing down into mediocrity though. Pending the results of this game on Sunday they were head and shoulders above any other FCS team this season. Even taking heavy losses they're capable of still being a prime national title contender IMO. One big name not mentioned is their QB and Payton Award finalist Mark Gronowski. I'm pretty sure he could play another 2 years after this one if he wanted to.