Quote Originally Posted by wcugrad95 View Post
WCU has the 3 big losses that are mentioned, but as this has shifted to not just guys in the portal but also others graduating we lose 2 really good offensive lineman (Coulter snd Smith), our tall WR (White), as well as a couple of D-lineman and CBs to exhausting their eligibility.

Dez Reid would be cited as our best player the first half of the season, but honestly our offensive line play was why we raced into the top ten. Injuries there led to our poor finish more than anything IMO. Reid and Censere Lee both have committed to Pitt following Kade Bell, but those are probably the positions we are deepest at.

If WCU will continue to be a playoff team probably has more to do with if we can stay healthy on O and get better on D. We have 4 capable RBs and a stable of WRs so I expect we’ll be fine on O. We also brought in Tusculum’s head coach to replace our DC - a former UF linebacker with ties to Coach Bell.

We need guys in the trenches.
WCUGRAD - are any of these DL or CBs starters or were they all backups? If starters who were they?

I know about Keaton.. big loss for Socon.. now at Temple. Was a great DB. know of Marlon Alexander (#90) - Nose - was a Grad student this year and is out of eligibility. Starting NT Gone

Rod Gattison (#2) - Starting CB - out of eligibility too? is that right?
Who are the DL and other DBs? Any that starters?

Eventually I hope to have a list in my initial post of most all the teams and what has trnaspired. starting with the top caliber teams of Furman, UTC, Mercer and Western