Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
Maine was devastated by transfers and coach defections right after the 2018 season. The head coach took a P5 position coach job, and the defensive coordinator went to JMU as the D Coordinator for twice the money. The starting QB (Furguson) went to Liberty, I believe he had to sit out a year and never started. There were other players who left as well. Part of my thinking on Albany was that they would lose a bunch of talent, especially on defense. Today we learn that the anchors of their D-Line DE Juncaj and DT Hills are in the portal. As I posted elsewhere, I think that Poffenbarger might have jumped, but there are so many QBs in the portal already, especially FBS, it probably would not be a smart move.

I also think Greg Gattuso is not a great coach. Give him credit for assembling one of the best transfer teams in FCS this season, but a lot of these guys are one and done. I shouldn't be getting into a pissing contest with any Albany fans over this (and actually won't), all of whom have been calling for his head on a spike for years before this one good season. I think he has been coaching for 9 seasons and even after this 11-4 season, his overall record at Albany is below .500.
SIU is in the market, I think Nick Baker is getting an SS check now