Thread: NCAA President calls for new tier of Division I where schools can pay athletes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Re: NCAA President calls for new tier of Division I where schools can pay athletes

Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN View Post
    ........NOT EVERAH-ONE....GETS DUH SKOLLY/AID.............SO...THOSE R CUSTOMERS.......ER AWK!
    Nope, they don't - So...what about Partial Schollies / Aid ... which would (currently) apply to EVERY LEVEL AND EVERY SPORT except D1 FBS Football and D1 Basketball (Mens and Womens)?

If we're going to exempt those peeps based on the Supreme Court of Mr. Chicken's ruling, then every FCS Football School would be smart to offer Full-Schollie's less $1 (to those that are (currently) on Full Schollie (guessing that's about 60-70% of FCS Players (not counting PFL, of course)), so ALL of their Players would not be Employees. Right?
    Last edited by FUBeAR; February 7th, 2024 at 12:46 PM.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model