Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Delaware to CUSA

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Re: Delaware to CUSA

University freezes hiring and travel amidst “significant financial pressure”

https://udreview.com/university-free...cial-pressure/

“The university is under significant financial pressure from multiple sources this year,” Assanis told the JFC on Feb. 1. “High inflation rates have driven up prices for all the goods and services that the university needs to continue to operate.
    “Most importantly, higher personnel costs, especially for health care, have made it more expensive for UD to attract and retain the excellent faculty and staff members who are essential to providing our students with great educational opportunities.”

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post

“The university is under significant financial pressure from multiple sources this year,” Assanis told the JFC on Feb. 1. “High inflation rates have driven up prices for all the goods and services that the university needs to continue to operate.
    “Most importantly, higher personnel costs, especially for health care, have made it more expensive for UD to attract and retain the excellent faculty and staff members who are essential to providing our students with great educational opportunities.”
    That sounds alarming though to what degree is anyone’s guess. The AD said the move was all about money and marketing growth so she must have sold it well internally.

I don’t think it would make any difference though to Blowendope, Hens pick 2 numbers or much of the other cast members at GoHens.

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th-18.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	33289

.....THERE'S UH SEASON TICKET PROMO...GOIN' ON DIS MONTH....IFFIN' YA GET 'UM BY FEB 29TH......THEN NEXT YEARS TICKETS... (CONF USA).......WILL BE SAME PRICE....AS DIS SEASON.........
    .....SO......DOESN'T SEEM TA BE UH 911....IN DUH AFFLETIC DEPT..................DOODLE-DOO!

ps....HOWEVERAH.....DERE'S UH MORATORIUM......ON BEAR CLAWS & [email protected] MEETIN'S...&..UH...HIRIN' FREEZE...TA BOOT........ -$$$$$....AWK$
    Last edited by MR. CHICKEN; February 11th, 2024 at 12:45 PM.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post
    That sounds alarming though to what degree is anyone’s guess. The AD said the move was all about money and marketing growth so she must have sold it well internally.

I don’t think it would make any difference though to Blowendope, Hens pick 2 numbers or much of the other cast members at GoHens.
    This problem is just not a UD problem is the bigger point. How many other colleges are experiencing these economic realities ?

what will be the impact on colleges that play football at the FCS level?

Maybe the article is actually telling us why UD thought it was suddenly imperative to make the jump to FBS

My Team
    Maine

This problem is just not a UD problem is the bigger point. How many other colleges are experiencing these economic realities ?

Maybe the article is actually telling us why UD thought it was suddenly imperative to make the jump to FBS
    Sure Jan.

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th-15.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	33295

....U. of DELAWARE WORKERS R CONSIDERED STATE EMPLOYEES.......THE STATE'S ASKIN' FO'..... 27% INCREASE IN HEALTH CARE PREMIUM COSTS......FO' BOTH STATE/EMPLOYEE.....SHARES.....HENRIETTAH....IS RETIRED UD.....THEY'RE TRYIN' TA SWITCH MED. COVERAGE TO MANAGED CARE.....WHICH IS CURRENTLAH....TIED UP IN COURTS............BRAWK!
    Last edited by MR. CHICKEN; February 11th, 2024 at 12:39 PM.

If they were joining the ACC, sure. Im not convinced CUSA is going to suddenly explode new dollars into the University during the period of Bidenomics (the irony).

Wrong place, wrong time. That’s just how it looks .

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

If they were joining the ACC, sure. Im not convinced CUSA is going to suddenly explode new dollars into the University during the period of Bidenomics (the irony).

....HENS GET...TRIPLE DUH TV DUCATS.....THAT FLO........FUNNELS......TA NEWARK!......💰.....BAWK!

....WALL STREET'S...IN DUH STRATUS.........WHAT'S DAT BOOK...'BOUT ALL DOSE PIGGIES?.........AWK!
    Last edited by MR. CHICKEN; February 11th, 2024 at 12:47 PM.

My Team
    Maine

The CAA sure wasn't the place for them either. In fact right now the CAA isn't a good place for most of the football playing schools. I'm sure that Hampton and Bryant are happy though.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN View Post
    ....HENS GET...TRIPLE DUH TV DUCATS.....THAT FLO........FUNNELS......TA NEWARK!......💰.....BAWK!
    I’m sure but suddenly having league games in El Paso and Ruston Louisiana will have more than triple expenses. If I were a UD fan, I would be more concerned with the impact on the fanbase if you start losing in a league of schools with zero interest. I know the whole argument about the excitement from younger fans on the move but time will tell if Middle Tennessee and Kennesaw are the new schools they associate with the “big time”. Especially when you have blank Saturday slates in October.