Quote Originally Posted by WileECoyote06 View Post
A home loss is problematic. But a +15 drop for a loss is a bit dramatic. Harvard might legitimately be good. Holy Cross still has players that helped them earn the top five ranking in the first place. I'm going to drop them somewhere between 13 - 15.
Serious question. What win does Holy Cross have that makes you feel they are top 15? Is it just because they were ranked high in the preseason or do they have a game you watched that impressed you enough to vault Harvard up 15 slots and leave Holy Cross in the 13 range?

One big reason people complain about the early polls is many voters just simply slot teams. How many times have we seen a team start the year in top 10 and lose to an unranked team but many voters take the stance you did and the 1-0 team is ranked 5-6 slots behind the team they just beat at home? We have to totally forget the preseason and go by the resume that teams are putting out. If this was week 10 I would agree with you but it is early enough that big moves need to be made to get the rankings about where they deserve to be.

The only way I think you can argue not dropping Holy Cross out of the top 20 is if you put Holy Cross close to the top 10 and have Holy Cross in the 15 range but I feel that is too high because neither has the SOS that will warrant them being ranked in the top 5 at the end of the year and if they keep winning and voters just slot like you are suggesting then that could very easily happen with their schedules.

Harvard could be very good but I need to see them win by good margins in their league since it is weaker. They only beat Brown by 3 and I don't think Brown is a legit top 40 team.