Quote Originally Posted by Chalupa Batman View Post
What WCU has been the last 25 years has very little, if anything at all, to do with where they should be ranked this year. Their win over EKU keeps looking better and better in my book, the Colonels beat a decent SEMO team the week following the Catamounts game and they have played Kentucky a lot closer than (soon to be formerly) ranked Florida did yesterday. EKU trailed by 4 points in the 4th quarter against Kentucky, while the Gators trailed by double digits for the final 50 minutes of the game. WCU is dismantling every other team the way you expect a top 10ish team would.
I agree that it does not mean they can't be top 10 but my point is that they never have been really good like this so I want to see how they handle this early success. Will they choke or keep it up? I remember one season several years ago when they began hot and everyone had them ranked but then they faded and did not even finish the season ranked. This will be huge for them to go from not even being a top 40 caliber team to now a top 10 team in just one year. It is not like I have not ranked them or have them at 24-25. I do have them in the top 15. I have had them a good bit behind the polls so far this year but will gladly put them in top 10 next week if they win.