Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
I signed up for ESPN + this morning via Roku

credit card charged $ 9.99

went to check some games and saw the replay of Mercer Northern Alabama with the little ESPN+ below

clicked on game, and was immediately asked to log into cable TV provider but I only have the company for internet no cable tv package

I checked in with the ESPN chat to ask a question, representative was very patient but more confused than I

I was able to get from the person was that you’re not able to watch a replay of that game because it was not carried by one of the ESPN networks. It was probably on Apple TV, or some other choice.

My other question to ESPN was do you now need a cable TV provider to be able to watch games on ESPN plus via Roku or ESPN app on cell phone ? Hold on Caribbeanhen I gotta phone a friend….. click…. Chat disconnected

clicked on game and was asked for
Hopefully this helps....
ESPN channels that are actual channels on cable (eg ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU) are NOT part of the ESPN+ streaming package. To access content on these channels you need to have cable and use your cable provider login and password to access these through the ESPN app.