Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI vs. LSU???

UNI vs. LSU???

I went in to get my haircut yesterday and my barber told me he was listening to the UNI basketball game the other night and heard Gary Rima say something about Rick Hartzell talking to LSU's AD about playing a football game sometime in the future. Hartzell has a connection with him because UNI and LSU played in bball a few years back. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Most Smartest Guy on AGS igo4uni's Avatar

Re: UNI vs. LSU???

No idea.

UNI would be favored, though.
    peace

Quote Originally Posted by igo4uni View Post
    No idea.

UNI would be favored, though.
    Notice what color my text is now. I am an LSU fan, but I'm still a MUCH bigger cowboy fan. In other words, I think you won't do what App. St. did to Michigan, but it is still any given Saturday.
    Geaux Tigers!

GEAUX COWBOYS!!

It won't be next year as App St plays them.....

Ultimate of ironies is that we were supposed to play them this year, but they begged off till next year and we played Michigan instead.....obviously, that game helped lead to Carr's retirement this year and odds on favorite to replace him is Les Miles.....so hopefully, LSU will getting used to a new coach when we play them next year......or not...
    "People crushed by law have no hope but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose will always be dangerous..." - Edmund Burke

I heard Hartzell talking with Rima one night about their three best prospects for a FBS game next year. They were LSU, Florida State or Miami Florida.

Would love to do down to Baton Rouge to see a game, but from a competitive standpoint I'd opt for Miami Florida.

Plus we've got a handful of Florida guys on the roster who'd probably love to get that game, or FSU.
    Coffee's for closers.

Quote Originally Posted by Appaholic View Post
    It won't be next year as App St plays them.....

Ultimate of ironies is that we were supposed to play them this year, but they begged off till next year and we played Michigan instead.....obviously, that game helped lead to Carr's retirement this year and odds on favorite to replace him is Les Miles.....so hopefully, LSU will getting used to a new coach when we play them next year......or not...
    I believe it's 2009, ASU doesn't have a FBS program on the schedule in 2008.
    16 teams were enough to crown a champion.

"Winning takes talent; to repeat takes character."

I would love to play @ LSU.....how cool would that be??
    peace

AGS FCS Champion FormerPokeCenter's Avatar
    My Team
    McNeese State

What absolutely sucks about that, is that LSU won't play a Louisiana FCS school...

They'll play ULM, ULL, La Tech, etc., but they won't even return our calls...

The payout is great, though, $400,000 K....

Too bad it goes out of state...

Quote Originally Posted by FormerPokeCenter View Post
    What absolutely sucks about that, is that LSU won't play a Louisiana FCS school...

They'll play ULM, ULL, La Tech, etc., but they won't even return our calls...

The payout is great, though, $400,000 K....

Too bad it goes out of state...
    Yeah, that Sux.

Correct me if I'm wrong fellow UNI fans, but doesn't the state legislature have some say if the 3 state Universities play each other in football....or is that just in basketball???
    peace

Quote Originally Posted by unipanthers8907 View Post
    I went in to get my haircut yesterday and my barber told me he was listening to the UNI basketball game the other night and heard Gary Rima say something about Rick Hartzell talking to LSU's AD about playing a football game sometime in the future. Hartzell has a connection with him because UNI and LSU played in bball a few years back. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

I doubt it.

There are about 6 FCS teams in Louisiana that will burn down LSU's campus if they schedule another out of state FCS again.

LSU's SID is a McNeese Alumn and his dad is the McNeese SID (Who just happens to be the longest running SID in the country). They gave ASU a game and have another date scheduled with them. But they have stated they did not want to send money to McNeese's (or other La.) compeditors any longer. I think they are affraid the legislature will force them to play all of us if the continue doing that.