Quote Originally Posted by FUwolfpacker View Post
Gofurman, if you are looking for someone to speak positively about Furman or the SoCon, you're probably on the wrong board. At least in my experience.
I know.

I keep giving them a chance to prove me wrong and just show OBJECTIVITY. Like “UIW with the clutch win. wow, great adjustments by Furman… Scott was so shut down for the first time all year going 3/8 for THREE yards over 20 minutes”.

we shall See if any mature posters exist here. I’m starting to lose faith. Which is sad really. I’m a positive guy.

I say Great UIW win! Good showing by Furman. Down and coulda quit the D held UIW to three chances in red zone for a TOTAL of three points. THREE. Turnover on downs. FG. Turnover on downs.

honestly if not for the one holding call on Furman at 3 minute mark where we ran for 12 yards Furman probably wins.

and cmon these are just stats. Running through Southland UIW won by an average of roughly THIRTY SEVEN POINTS A GAME. THIRTY SEVEN. Furman? They held on to win by three. THREE. UIW is a good team with a freaky offense.

one thing Furman exposed is that they can be made to be turnover prone. Two picks. One Fumble rolled out of bounds etc. ANOTHER FUMBLE that we got. And a punt drop I think!!!! . They must not play in a physical league because that ball was not being held securely enough - I guarantee their coach is all over that this week. I guess Southland teams don’t punch the ball out as hard.