The Big Sky has a lot of question marks surrounding it this year beyond the top dog or shall we say Cat. I'd be nice if some posters from the other Big Sky teams would scout their team and maybe give us an idea of what your team has looked like in the offseason and maybe what they're excited/looking forward to. I'd really like to hear what others in the conference has to say about their teams.

I'll start with my take on Montana State

Last year ended in a souring semifinal loss to SDSU, Bobcats where #2 in Rushing yards per game, #1 in total rushing yards and #1 in yards per rush in the FCS. The Bobcats look to continue their rushing dominance as they return their entire starting offense line and have built depth behind those starters, The Cats will rotate 8-9 players through the line to keep everyone fresh. The running back situation is mostly unchanged (Ifanse is gone, but only played in the playoffs last year) and hopefully healthier with Lane Sumner and Jared White ready to go and additions of Julius Davis and Scottre Humphrey. Last years leading rusher at RB, Elijah Elliott is still around and Garrett Coon will also get carries.

They also don't have to just rely on on their stable of 5-6 backs to carry the rock, the QB tandem of Touchdown Tommy Mellott and Sean Chamber will most likely get the bulk of the carries. Mellott is an absolute freak who was grown in a test tube with Captain America and Wonder Woman's DNA. But seriously... this kid looks like can could just look at you and crush you like a bug (he's also quite possibly the nicest kid on the planet). He's rumored to have 4.3 speed and his strength are off the charts, he's tops on team squats. Sean Chambers isn't too shabby himself, he gets put in on short yard situations and is usually good for 3 or 4 if he didn't just run through everyone. 2 Qb's is weird and never works, but its working in Bozeman. Oh, and they'll put both of them on the field at the same time and its absolutely beatiful.

Montana State really wants to improve throwing the ball and they need to. Cats offense for the past 6 Seasons under Vigen and Choate have been, "we're running right at you. stop us we dare you." that's not enough to win Championships, Cats need some of the younger kids and Transfer Lonyatta Alexander to step up in the wake of burner Taco Dowler's season ended injury.

The biggest question mark for Montana State is their defense. Last year they we're uncharacteristically bad, good in spurts but also not so good. Cats D line returns almost 100% in tact and they were the jewel of last years Defense. Junior Sebastian Valdez has used brute force to blow up offensive protections and if his hands are better he's going to have a ridiculous year.

last years weak link was pass protection linebackers and Dbs looked lost at times and with the departures of Callahan O'Reilly and Ty Okada its seems to only sting worse. However reports from fall camp are signaling good signs from the secondary and an improved secondary could be all Montana State needs to push it over the top.

Cats first opponent is Utah Tech (formerly known as Dixie State), this should be a brushing off the rust game but I could see UT giving the Cats fits if they're looking ahead to the week 2 rematch with SDSU... and I guarantee they're looking ahead with vengeance. Still UT is no match for the Bobcats 44-27 Cats.

Please Big Sky posters, scout your team!