27 44.26%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Playoffs Round 1: Fordham at New Hampshire

FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Richmond

Re: 2022 Playoffs Round 1: Fordham at New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
    Labbe the UNH running back was the best RB we faced in the CAA, lightening quick and takes 2 or 3 defenders to take him down, plus returns kicks, tough as nails.
    Guy is a stud, UNH run game might slow game down enough to keep DeMorat on the sidelines more than he is expecting. Yoder and Labbe best I saw Spiders face for sure.

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

UNH's #1 RB Dylan Laube (not Labbe)
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    UNH's #1 RB Dylan Laube (not Labbe)
    Oops, I get fat fingers sometimes. Meant no disrespect to this young man.

Spiders actually were lucky enough to hold him to 29 yards net rushing, so he catches it for 40 and returns a kickoff for 100. He is a weapon to be feared.

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by ncspiderfan View Post
    Oops, I get fat fingers sometimes. Meant no disrespect to this young man.

Spiders actually were lucky enough to hold him to 29 yards net rushing, so he catches it for 40 and returns a kickoff for 100. He is a weapon to be feared.
    I know you didn't, since I hope we'll be hearing a lot about him over the next couple years I just wanted to get the correct spelling out there.

I'm sure it was more than luck that allowed Richmond to hold UNH to so few yards rushing. Your guys virtually shut us down in the first half except for that hail Mary on the last play.

FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Richmond

o
    I know you didn't, since I hope we'll be hearing a lot about him over the next couple years I just wanted to get the correct spelling out there.

I'm sure it was more than luck that allowed Richmond to hold UNH to so few yards rushing. Your guys virtually shut us down in the first half except for that hail Mary on the last play.
    Hope we can shut done Davidson for the whole game, one of our DTs said he had not played against triple option, since Jacksonville game (I think is who he mentioned) who does not even have football anymore. William and Mary ran a couple of options against Spiders last week and they were very successful, so hope the guys got familiar with it again.

GL tomorrow as well as all the CAA teams in action.

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

I'm not so sure that there will be a complete lack of defense in this game. Both starting UNH Defensive Ends were first team all CAA. During the end of the regular season UNH was facing a series of QBs that were serious running threats so Silver and Ruiz were focused on keeping the QB in the pocket. Against Fordham I think we'll see them going directly after the QB more frequently. We also have some pretty experienced defensive tackles starting with Nico Kvietkus. All along the defensive front we have excellent depth and guys are in and out of those positions all game.

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

o

Hope we can shut done Davidson for the whole game, one of our DTs said he had not played against triple option, since Jacksonville game (I think is who he mentioned) who does not even have football anymore. William and Mary ran a couple of options against Spiders last week and they were very successful, so hope the guys got familiar with it again.

The guys on the FCS Wedge had Richmond winning tomorrow by somewhere between 20 and 30 points. I don't know if you should consider that as good or bad news actually.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

o

Davidson won’t be able to keep up with you, Udenski should surgically rip up that secondary. I can see Davy making some early scores though

FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Richmond

The guys on the FCS Wedge had Richmond winning tomorrow by somewhere between 20 and 30 points. I don't know if you should consider that as good or bad news actually.
    One point is enough, but I hope they are right. If Spiders are fortunate enough and win, they have a long trip against another tough team the next week. Starters getting pulled early could pay dividends against a bye team, but I do not see the margin as that much, hope I am wrong.

Hard enough to get in playoffs and Davidson deserves more respect, would certainly help if FCS Wedge would not slap our opponents in the face with stuff like that, I feel sure the Spider players take Davidson very seriously and are not looking past them.

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

One point is enough, but I hope they are right. If Spiders are fortunate enough and win, they have a long trip against another tough team the next week. Starters getting pulled early could pay dividends against a bye team, but I do not see the margin as that much, hope I am wrong.

Hard enough to get in playoffs and Davidson deserves more respect, would certainly help if FCS Wedge would not slap our opponents in the face with stuff like that, I feel sure the Spider players take Davidson very seriously and are not looking past them.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model