Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 3, Fall 2022

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    North Dakota State University

AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 3, Fall 2022

Watching the 2nd half of the Bison @ Wildcats game and decided to get this posted so that ursus can prep accordingly. I will update the only remaining game after it finishes.

Some exciting action today, as one FCS (#39 Southern Illinois) took out a P5 B1G team (Northwestern), and another (#6 Missouri State) gave a ranked P5 SEC team (#10 Arkansas) all they could handle. While all losses by Top 15 teams were to FBS opponents, there are a few margins of victory that were perhaps a bit surprising (I'm looking at you #3 Montana State and you #7 Villanova). #9 Delaware was the only Top 25 to defeat another Top 25 team (#17 Rhode Island), while #20 East Tennessee State lost to conference foe (and ORV #32 Furman). Additionally, #25 New Hampshire lost to apparent MEAC up-and-comer North Carolina Central. Finally, the three Ivy's in the Top 40 all won, and two other Ivy's (Cornell and Brown) beat teams previously receiving votes (Virginia Military Institute and Bryant), although a few of the games were a bit tighter than some predicted, perhaps from starting the season three weeks later than everyone else.

To see how the AGS Top 25 (and beyond) fared this week, click here. Any mistakes, let me know.

AGS FCS Expert
    My Team
    VMI

Re: AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 3, Fall 2022

thank you
    1-AA is tops!!

AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 3, Fall 2022

Nice work. A lot of work.

The New Hampshire and S. Illinois results surprised me.
    The College of William & Mary: COP free since 1693

My Team
    Furman

Thank you!
    Great summary

How hard it is to win on the road vs a good team!! Using FBS as example numbers 11, 12 and 13 all lost on the road. Everyone else was either at home or playing an easy opponent on road. 11. Michigan State on road? LOSS. 12 BYU on road. LOSS. 13. Miami on road? LOSS.

Vote for Furman. We beat number 18/20 ETSU on ROAD !! 😀😀😀

Bet if Arizona had to go to Fargo they woulda lost

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Thank you!
    Great summary

How hard it is to win on the road vs a good team!! Using FBS as example numbers 11, 12 and 13 all lost on the road. Everyone else was either at home or playing an easy opponent on road. 11. Michigan State on road? LOSS. 12 BYU on road. LOSS. 13. Miami on road? LOSS.

Vote for Furman. We beat number 18/20 ETSU on ROAD !! 

Bet if Arizona had to go to Fargo they woulda lost
    Goes to show you that if the bottom half of the FBS had to go on the road and play the top quarter of the FCS there would be many, many more FCS over FBS results.

Home field matters a lot.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    The Citadel

Quote Originally Posted by crusader11 View Post
    Goes to show you that if the bottom half of the FBS had to go on the road and play the top quarter of the FCS there would be many, many more FCS over FBS results.

Home field matters a lot.
    Absolutely true. As a top 25 team, we hosted an FBS back in late 80s,...Navy. One of the few times an FBS ever traveled to an FCS since the IA/IAA split, and we won. We usually had as good of an attendance as they had. Or very close.

But to this week's results, only a few surprises. I agree that a couple games by top 25 against FBS were a bit shocking; both good and bad. Delaware and Furman had good showings on the road for sure. As did UND. Going to N Arizona and winning ain't easy. NH was certainly a shock...at home! NDSU wasn't unexpected though. I don't think it says as much about them, they played well, as it does Arizona getting better. Stayed up way too late watching that game.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Absolutely true. As a top 25 team, we hosted an FBS back in late 80s,...Navy. One of the few times an FBS ever traveled to an FCS since the IA/IAA split, and we won. We usually had as good of an attendance as they had. Or very close.

But to this week's results, only a few surprises. I agree that a couple games by top 25 against FBS were a bit shocking; both good and bad. Delaware and Furman had good showings on the road for sure. As did UND. Going to N Arizona and winning ain't easy. NH was certainly a shock...at home! NDSU wasn't unexpected though. I don't think it says as much about them, they played well, as it does Arizona getting better. Stayed up way too late watching that game.
    Delaware dominated Rhode Island, it was 35-7 at halftime. Nolan Henderson got some time to throw and lit that place up.
    29 for 34
    379 yards passing
    4 TDS
    0 int

The Delaware Sling T was born yesterday

I didn’t know Navy played at The Citadel back in the 80s but they did come to Delaware in 1985 and got beat with Napoleon McCallum on team

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Sam Houston

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    Delaware dominated Rhode Island, it was 35-7 at halftime. Nolan Henderson got some time to throw and lit that place up.
    29 for 34
    379 yards passing
    4 TDS
    0 int

The Delaware Sling T was born yesterday

I didn’t know Navy played at The Citadel back in the 80s but they did come to Delaware in 1985 and got beat with Napoleon McCallum on team
    Carty will get the best out of Henderson. With that there might come a lot of hits. Hope he is tough.
    The Moth don't care if the Flame is real.

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
    Carty will get the best out of Henderson. With that there might come a lot of hits. Hope he is tough.
    ...HENDERSON'S..TOUGHER...DAN UH...APPLEBY'S RIB-EYE.......AN' RHODEY GOT CAUGHT...WHIFF UH HORSE COLLAR CALL.....AN' SOME QUESTIONABLE LATE HIT..NO CALLS.......AT END UH GAME.....CARTY WAS SEEN JAWIN'...TA UH REF........AH'M GUESSIN'....IT WAS 'BOUT....RAMS MISTREATMENT......OF OURAH STAR.......AWK!

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by MR. CHICKEN View Post
    ...HENDERSON'S..TOUGHER...DAN UH...APPLEBY'S RIB-EYE.......AN' RHODEY GOT CAUGHT...WHIFF UH HORSE COLLAR CALL.....AN' SOME QUESTIONABLE LATE HIT..NO CALLS.......AT END UH GAME.....CARTY WAS SEEN JAWIN'...TA UH REF........AH'M GUESSIN'....IT WAS 'BOUT....RAMS MISTREATMENT......OF OURAH STAR.......AWK!
    you crack me up Mr C but That’s no eggzagaration on Nolan Henderson ! He’s strong mentally and tough physically, playing scared is not gonna keep em healthy, you just gotta let them play