Just finished the Week 12 Review show. I thought there were some very good points made, and some that I disagree with (which, of course, doesn't really matter).

1. The point about Delaware not getting the Chattanooga treatment was an interesting one (and I agree).

2. The point about Chattanooga sinking the SoCon was I think, spot on. The only exception I had was I feel like Mercer could (should?) have replaced either Delaware or Montana, even with the Chattanooga loss, but it is a real toss-up.

3. The point about how nobody can believe that Montana State was seeded below North Dakota State is I think way overblown (and incorrect). This discussion seemed to center on Oregon State, and the mention that they were 8-3 vs. Arizona, who is 4-7...and that the Bobcats were undefeated in FCS play. Unfortunately, Arizona and Oregon State did not play each other. When it comes to common opponents, Arizona and Oregon State fared as follows:

OSU lost to USC by 3 (14-17); Arizona lost to USC by 8 (37-45)
OSU lost @ Utah by 26 (16-42); Arizona lost to Utah by 25 (20-45)
OSU beat Washington State by 14 (24-10); Arizona lost to Washington State by 11 (20-31)
OSU beat Colorado by 33 (42-9); Arizona beat Colorado by 23 (43-20)
OSU lost @ Washington (21-24); Arizona lost @ Washington by 10 (39-49)
OSU beat California by 28 (38-10); Arizona lost @ California by 18 (31-49)
OSU beat Arizona State by 24 (31-7); Arizona is playing Arizona State right now (up 10-7 in 2nd Qtr)
OSU plays Oregon; Arizona lost to Oregon by 23 (20-43)

What does all this mean (please forgive the transitive analysis and thinking out loud)? It indicates to me that while Oregon State probably beats NDSU, Arizona probably also beats Montana State. So then what do you have? Well, NDSU lost to the #1 seed, and MSU did not play the #2 seed. That's it. Undefeated in FCS likely lies on who they didn't play as much as it lies on who they did. If you want to argue Montana State above North Dakota State, fine, but then you also need to devalue SDSU as a #1 seed (since they only beat inferior NDSU, and UC Davis, by 2). Oh, and SDSU lost their FBS game, whereas Sac St won theirs (apples and oranges a bit?). I would have been fine with (1) Sac St, (2) SDSU, (3) MSU, and (4) NDSU, but I am disappointed hearing about MSU/NDSU without mention of the Sac St/SDSU seeds. The MSU/NDSU take is a miss in my opinion without a broader analysis. In the end, the seeding is no different than that I mentioned above (home teams get home games and others are at home until they ain't). As for talk about other teams being seeded above NDSU based on undefeated FCS...child please.

4. Kris, I wanted you (as I think Lance did as well) to stick to your guns on Rhode Island. I know it might have been tough sledding, but I don't think they were less deserving of being in than some other 7-4's.

5. The point about UND and about how if they had lost that UNI might have snuck in was an interesting one. On the one hand, UNI was 6-5 (I think someone might have mentioned them as 7-4) and had lost to UND, so UND losing might have hurt this a bit; however, UNI was 4-1 in their last 5 games, losing only to the #1 seed by 3 pt (under interesting circumstances). UC Davis was also 6-5 with a 5-1 record down the stretch, losing only to the #2 seed by 6 pt. I wonder if the universe would have imploded if two 7-4 teams were replaced with two 6-5 teams, both trending up to end the season vs. the 7-4 teams trending down. I am pretty sure AGS would have imploded, but is it really that far-fetched?

Looking forward to listening to the Round 1 Preview show this evening. Thanks again, Kris, Lance, Tim, Troy, and of course, Mieke.