I was just waiting until the AGS Top 25 poll was released. There are lots of FCS @ FBS, or the opposite end of the spectrum, D2 @ FCS, games this week. Still, there are a few FCS vs. FCS matchups of particular interest.

I try to select nine games (or less) per week, with the 10th being “Other”. There were a few fringe games that I had to make a call on, and New Hampshire @ Albany was one that fell just “outside the bubble” (for me); however, I am happy to read why this game (or others) belong on the list. Perhaps the game of the week is not even on this list...I don’t think so, but it is possible. Anywho, pick away and enjoy your FCS Week 2.

#26 UC Davis (Big Sky) @ #2 South Dakota State (MVFC) - Big Sky/MVFC Challenge Game 1…Can the Aggies go into Brookings and upset the Jackrabbits, or will the real South Dakota State offense show up?

#27 South Dakota (MVFC) @ #3 Montana (Big Sky) - Big Sky/MVFC Challenge Game 2…The Grizzlies hope to put away any ideas of “Big Fluffy”, while the Coyotes (with arguably the toughest FCS schedule this season) hope to show up and not go down 0-2.

#13 Tennessee-Martin (OVC) @ #6 Missouri State (MVFC) - Can the Bears continue to show that they deserve the status of an MVFC title contender and exact revenge, or will the Skyhawks show them the door like they did in the first round of the playoffs last year?

Campbell (Big South) @ #16 William & Mary (CAA) - Can the Tribe keep up the momentum from their FBS win last week, or with the Fighting Camels bring them back down to Earth?

#18 Jackson State (SWAC) @ Tennessee State (OVC) - Battle of the Tigers…Will Deion’s Tigers show the ability to win (big) outside of the SWAC, or will the Tigers from Tennessee put up the fuss they gave Eastern Washington in Week 1?

#22 Rhode Island (CAA) @ #39 Bryant (Big South) - The Bulldogs suddenly made this one interesting, giving Florida International everything they could handle last weekend; however, the Rams look to assert some dominance as title contenders for the now wide-open CAA.

Southeast Missouri State (OVC) @ #23 Southern Illinois (MVFC) - The Salukis were curbstomped last week and are looking to show others that it was a fluke…the Redhawks are looking to make a statement to start their FCS schedule.

#25 Northern Iowa (MVFC) @ #33 North Dakota (MVFC) - Both teams are coming off FBS losses, and it is unclear where they fall in the MVFC…this game could go a long way in showing that and building a resume as a 5-loss MVFC team that has no business being in the playoffs (at least according to some).

Bucknell (Patriot) @ Virginia Military Institute (SoCon) - The Bison nearly took the hearts of a number of survivor game players last week, as Towson narrowly escaped their clutches…the Keydets are looking to start their SoCon campaign on a positive note and not fall back from the pack.