Quote Originally Posted by The Boogie Down View Post
Dukes were a solid non scholarship MAAC team (won a couple of ECAC Bowls as the region's best minnow) that became a solid scholarship NEC team. They got their first FBS scalp last year so nothing on the field says they couldn't handle a new A-10. But yeah, the field itself is an embarrassment so that would hafta be addressed.

Fordham sucks in men's hoops. That's kinda important in the A-10. But, they've shown some improvement last year w/Klyle Neptune and with the recruits he left behind before taking over at Villanova. We'll see...

Until then let's not forget that Fordham is a legit A-10 player in most other sports. Over the past 6-7 years the Rams have won multiple league titles in women's hoops, softball and men's soccer where they reached the NCAA's Elite 8 in 2017. Again, that's multiple league titles in each sport. The baseball team adds one league title to the mix while even less successful sports, like women's soccer, women's volleyball, and women's tennis team have all reached the A-10 Finals over the past 2-3 seasons. Theres is no going back to the PL.

The fact that you're talking about NC Central and Norfolk State proves my point about how far the CAA is dropping.
Mr Boogie I like the way you think. Anyway you slice it, the new CAA (without JMU, with Monmouth, NC A&T and Hampton) is inferior to the CAA of years past. I also think Delaware is better served moving to the A-10, especially if Ingelsby continues improving Hen Hoops. Then they will have no issues leaving with Nova, Richmond, UNH, Maine and URI to a new Eastern FCS conference. It doesn't matter if Albany comes along or not and I don't care what conference sponsors it. Just need 2 or 3 add'l schools from the Patriot who are tired of the archaic AI and redshirt rules...my preference would be Lehigh or my Catholic brethren at Holy Cross & Fordham rather than Georgetown, Bucknell or Lafayette.