FCS fans outside of Fargo have not had much to cheer about over what is now entering a second decade.

What North Dakota State has done over the past 12 years is unprecedented and very special but you know what ....I’ve had enough ....I can’t put up with it anymore (SPM 1978)

With the recent hiring of Ryan Carty, a fresh breeze is blowing into Newark, Delaware. A back up Delaware quarterback who played on the 2003 national championship team under his mentor KC Keeler and later was hired by KC as OC at Sam Houston. Ironically, he beat out KC for the job.

Carty wasted no time recognizing that Delaware needed a big talent upgrade if they were serious about winning and competing with the best teams in FCS. You could back up a step and also say serious about beating Villanova. It’s refreshing to see a coach understand it’s about talent first and not some feel good holistic bed time story. Carty knows Nova is our rival.

Ryan understands what it takes to beat North Dakota St, as most reading this know his Sammy team actually did it with a big assist from Jaqueez Ezzard of Oz. He knows he has to improve the interior defense and Olines, not necessarily in that order.

He was hired because he understands how important it is to recognize the prestigious history of the Delaware football program and how to do things the Delaware way, Which is ironically just the opposite of what his predecessor stubborn Danny Rocco practiced.

Delaware now has probably the best facilities at the FCS level and hopefully it will soon pay off with recruiting, Not to mention that Carty is recruiting much more aggressively on a national level.

JMU is gone!

Somebody has to knock off the Bison and although it will be a very challenging task....

I ask you AGS .... Why not Delaware?