Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why not Delaware?

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Why not Delaware?

FCS fans outside of Fargo have not had much to cheer about over what is now entering a second decade.

What North Dakota State has done over the past 12 years is unprecedented and very special but you know what ....I’ve had enough ....I can’t put up with it anymore (SPM 1978)

With the recent hiring of Ryan Carty, a fresh breeze is blowing into Newark, Delaware. A back up Delaware quarterback who played on the 2003 national championship team under his mentor KC Keeler and later was hired by KC as OC at Sam Houston. Ironically, he beat out KC for the job.

Carty wasted no time recognizing that Delaware needed a big talent upgrade if they were serious about winning and competing with the best teams in FCS. You could back up a step and also say serious about beating Villanova. It’s refreshing to see a coach understand it’s about talent first and not some feel good holistic bed time story. Carty knows Nova is our rival.

Ryan understands what it takes to beat North Dakota St, as most reading this know his Sammy team actually did it with a big assist from Jaqueez Ezzard of Oz. He knows he has to improve the interior defense and Olines, not necessarily in that order.

He was hired because he understands how important it is to recognize the prestigious history of the Delaware football program and how to do things the Delaware way, Which is ironically just the opposite of what his predecessor stubborn Danny Rocco practiced.

Delaware now has probably the best facilities at the FCS level and hopefully it will soon pay off with recruiting, Not to mention that Carty is recruiting much more aggressively on a national level.

JMU is gone!

Somebody has to knock off the Bison and although it will be a very challenging task....

I ask you AGS .... Why not Delaware?

Re: Why not Delaware?

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    Delaware now has probably the best facilities at the FCS level and hopefully it will soon pay off with recruiting, Not to mention that Carty is recruiting much more aggressively on a national level.
    Best facilities? Princeton says hello.

https://www.princetontigersfootball....ities-gallery/

Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

AGS FCS Expert
    My Team
    VMI

top notch facilities amongst programs who participate in playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post

1-AA is tops!!

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

...TWO UNHAPPY X-FER HOYAS....VIE FO' OL TIME....HMMM......AH MEMBERAH....WHEN TUBBY TOOK UH QB X-FER FROM IONA.......DOWN INSIDE DUH 5.....HE KEEPS UH FAKE HANDOFF.....SPRINTS...ALL ALONE TA LEFT.....AN'...IS BROUGHT DOWN....BAH AN EARTH WORM.....NO OPPOSIN' PLAYERS ANYWHERE IN VICINITY........AH'D PREFER MAH X-FERS....FROM DUH TOP 25....NOT DUH BOTTOM UH BARREL.......BAH DUH TIME OURAH LINE GELS......HENDERSON......WILL BE........BALANCIN' PORTFOLIOS....FO' MERRILL.......BRAWK!

AGS FCS Champion

The CAA is definitely up for grabs with no more JMU and Delaware has the infrastructure and support to be the top dog in that conference. The question is will the CAA as a whole continue it's downward trajectory from the level the MVFC and Big Sky are competing at? If so, the CAA winner might find it tough to crack the top 4 seeds and it's pretty tough to contend with 2 potential road games before Frisco.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Top FCS Advocate centraljerseycat's Avatar
    My Team
    Villanova

Why not Delaware???

Probably because 9 times out of 10 the Hens lose their last game of the regular season. Hard to go for FCS domination when that happens....

Always happy to see a program wanting to better itself. There's nothing magical about NDSU's success, just a lot of hard work. We have the same 63 scholarship limit as everyone else and while a large budget, that's mostly due to fan support built up over time. No reason any school can't do the same if they want to. I think it's worth mentioning South Dakota State never even made the playoffs once in D2, but decided to go D1 and build the program and are now perennial contenders.
    Go Bison - Class of 05

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Why not E*Loan?

I mean the Formerly Fightin’ Former Christians ALMOST beat Winless-in-the-SoCon Wofford last year while finishing just behind Villanova, the only (remaining) Team ahead of Elon in the CAA.

Staying somewhat in the game last year vs. the SoCon’s caboose clearly qualifies Elon as a contender for this year’s CAA Championship.

So, extending your postulate and rhetorical question…If Delaware, why not E*Loan?
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

FCS EGG-HOLE
    My Team
    DELAWARE

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Always happy to see a program wanting to better itself. There's nothing magical about NDSU's success, just a lot of hard work. We have the same 63 scholarship limit as everyone else and while a large budget, that's mostly due to fan support built up over time. No reason any school can't do the same if they want to. I think it's worth mentioning South Dakota State never even made the playoffs once in D2, but decided to go D1 and build the program and are now perennial contenders.

.....BIZONSSS....HAVE BEEN IN RELOAD MODE....FO' SEVERAL YEARS NOW.....TALENT CLAMOURS.......TA GET IN....DAT'S LIKE MAGIC.....WHIFF OUT DUH SMOKE/MIRRORS.......DOODLE-DOO!

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post

Carib is also referring to the Whitney Athletic Center. The nicest facility of its kind in the FCS and if there's another in the division that rivals it , please let us know.

Whitney Athletic Center (bluehens.com)