Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
If you're referring to Kelley, that's possible but he also wouldn't be the first coach that Presbyterian hired straight out of high school who quickly became completely overwhelmed by the reality of being a college football coach and abruptly bailed on the school. In fact, this exact same situation happened to PC with Bobby Bentley in 2009. I think the most telling thing with "Never Ever Punt" Kelley is that, by the end of his first season, his team was punting pretty regularly, meaning that he had already given up on at least one of the core tenets he had built his career on. That combined with the fact that a massive chunk of the PC roster hit the transfer portal immediately after the final game makes me think that Kelley probably regretted taking the job as much as PC might have regretted giving it to him.
Todd Dodge was hired at North Texas straight out of Southlake Carroll (his son is now the head coach there). It was a disaster. I don’t think Dodge had any college coaching experience before that. Art Briles when he was hired by the University of Houston had spent three seasons as the running backs coach at Texas Tech after being hired out of Stephenville High School.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk