The following is from an article written by long time, Davis Enterprise scribe, Bob Dunning:

"A CLASSY MOVE … Although the Aggie Band did not make the trip to South Dakota State, when UC Davis players ran onto the field just before the start of the game they were greeted with the strains of Aggie Fight playing loudly over the Dykhouse Stadium public address system.

As I listened to the familiar sounds I had known since childhood, I imagined I was wrong about the Band not making the trip. Still, as I looked around the field and out onto the vast prairie beyond, there was no Aggie band in sight. And from my vantage point at the top of the stadium, I could see all the way to Minnesota.

I was struck by what a kind gesture it was of SDSU officials to think of greeting the Aggies in this way.

But that was not all. The same tune was played loudly again after the Aggies scored their first touchdown. I have honestly never seen such wonderful consideration of a worthy opponent in my many decades of covering college football.

Someone back there in South Dakota has a heart of gold."

https://www.davisenterprise.com/news/local/dunning/bob-dunning-aggies-pointed-in-the-right-direction/?utm_source=DE&utm_campaign=19ac79851d-Daily_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_be64f ee185-19ac79851d-171004309