Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Lamar

  1. #1
    First Class FCS Ruler acbearkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    My Team
    Sam Houston State
    Location
    Lufkin, Tx
    Posts
    657

    Lamar

    Could this team be the worst team in the FCS? They don't look any better than they did in the spring, and were blown out at home 56-0 by Abilene Christian Saturday. That team is horrible. Why on earth when you are located in one of the most talent rich regions in the state of Texas, with state powerhouses West Orange Stark and Port-Neches Groves (especially WOS) nearby and the Houston area just to the west, do you hire a head coach who runs the triple option? I don't see another game Lamar has on their schedule they can win. I would not be surprised to see Lamar making a head coaching change after the season, and that would be best. The Cardinals need to dump the triple option, and go get a coach who has a offensive style recruits want to play in. The triple option isn't it.

    Puddin Tane, the resident Lamar fan on this board, is no fan of the triple option.
    December 2013 graduate of Sam Houston

    Follow me on Twitter @etexbearkat

  2. #2
    Top FCS Ruler
    Libertine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,718

    Re: Lamar

    Wait! They're running the triple?! In east Texas?! Was this like a legit decision or was it more like somebody dared them to do it and, now, they have no choice?

    I mean, I would understand if they were in Lubbock, El Paso or Alpine on the desert side of the state and you have trouble getting recruits to find you on a map let alone come visit. But, in Beaumont?! Their recruiting visits must feel like an adult trying to show off their shiny cool car to the kids in the neighborhood but it's a 2013 Kia Sedona.

  3. #3
    AGS FCS Expert JacksFan40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    My Team
    South Dakota State
    Location
    Watertown, SD
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Lamar

    The triple option is acceptable for the service academies only, due to their disadvantage at recruiting compared to the rest. Also usually the only successful triple option coaches come from the Paul Johnson coaching tree, not sure of Lamar’s coach worked under him.
    Also to be fair Lamar did beat Northern Colorado so they’re far from the worst in the FCS.

  4. #4
    AGS FCS Champion
    Bisonator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    7,492

    Re: Lamar


  5. #5
    AGS FCS Champion Rjones61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    My Team
    Eastern Washington
    Location
    EaglesOwntheSky
    Posts
    10,996

    Re: Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by acbearkat View Post
    Could this team be the worst team in the FCS? They don't look any better than they did in the spring, and were blown out at home 56-0 by Abilene Christian Saturday. That team is horrible. Why on earth when you are located in one of the most talent rich regions in the state of Texas, with state powerhouses West Orange Stark and Port-Neches Groves (especially WOS) nearby and the Houston area just to the west, do you hire a head coach who runs the triple option? I don't see another game Lamar has on their schedule they can win. I would not be surprised to see Lamar making a head coaching change after the season, and that would be best. The Cardinals need to dump the triple option, and go get a coach who has a offensive style recruits want to play in. The triple option isn't it.

    Puddin Tane, the resident Lamar fan on this board, is no fan of the triple option.

    Texas is talent rich, but saturated with universities. That's the reason SHSU has to rely so heavily on transfers. Texas has 12 FBS schools and like, what 10 FCS schools for their 21 million population. Compare that with Washington which has 7 million population and 2 FBS schools and 1 FCS school.

    Somebody is going to take the hit somewhere.

  6. #6
    The Ambien of AGS


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    My Team
    .
    Posts
    15,059

    Re: Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by acbearkat View Post
    Could this team be the worst team in the FCS?
    We will find out for sure on November 13th.


  7. #7
    Funniest of the not funny TheRevSFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    My Team
    Stephen F. Austin
    Location
    Galveston Island, Near Texas
    Posts
    14,454

    Re: Lamar

    Lamar beat NoCo, who beat NAU, who beat Arizona...so....
    Funniest of the not funny since 2018

  8. #8
    Top FCS Ruler
    Libertine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,718

    Re: Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevSFA View Post
    Lamar beat NoCo, who beat NAU, who beat Arizona...so....
    There you go. Arizona is the worst team in FCS.

  9. #9
    AGS FCS Master wapiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    My Team
    Montana State
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    4,893

    Re: Lamar

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    There you go. Arizona is the worst team in FCS.

  10. #10
    First Class FCS Ruler acbearkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    My Team
    Sam Houston State
    Location
    Lufkin, Tx
    Posts
    657

    Re: Lamar

    On Saturday, the Cardinals only managed 136 yards of offense, 38 yards passing, and a paltry 98 yards rushing on 42 attempts, and gave up 461 yards and 56 points. That game in Huntsville will get ugly and ugly fast for Lamar.
    December 2013 graduate of Sam Houston

    Follow me on Twitter @etexbearkat

Similar Threads

  1. Lamar: Lamar vs. McNeese State Football Game Added to ESPN3 Schedule
    By News from the FCS in forum Southland Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 16th, 2013, 12:00 AM
  2. Lamar: Lamar Coaches Will Wear Coach To Cure MD Patches During Saturday's Game
    By News from the FCS in forum Southland Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 25th, 2013, 10:50 PM
  3. Lamar: Lamar opens fall football practice after short rain delay
    By News from the FCS in forum Southland Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 6th, 2012, 09:50 PM
  4. Lamar: Lamar picked seventh in Southland Conference Preseason Poll
    By News from the FCS in forum Southland Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 24th, 2012, 05:50 PM
  5. Lamar: Lamar Football Training Camp - Offensive Line/Tight Ends
    By News from the FCS in forum Southland Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 26th, 2011, 11:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •