Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Class FCS Ruler acbearkat's Avatar
    My Team
    Sam Houston State

Lamar

Could this team be the worst team in the FCS? They don't look any better than they did in the spring, and were blown out at home 56-0 by Abilene Christian Saturday. That team is horrible. Why on earth when you are located in one of the most talent rich regions in the state of Texas, with state powerhouses West Orange Stark and Port-Neches Groves (especially WOS) nearby and the Houston area just to the west, do you hire a head coach who runs the triple option? I don't see another game Lamar has on their schedule they can win. I would not be surprised to see Lamar making a head coaching change after the season, and that would be best. The Cardinals need to dump the triple option, and go get a coach who has a offensive style recruits want to play in. The triple option isn't it.

Puddin Tane, the resident Lamar fan on this board, is no fan of the triple option.
    December 2013 graduate of Sam Houston

Follow me on Twitter @etexbearkat

Top FCS Ruler

Re: Lamar

Wait! They're running the triple?! In east Texas?! Was this like a legit decision or was it more like somebody dared them to do it and, now, they have no choice?

I mean, I would understand if they were in Lubbock, El Paso or Alpine on the desert side of the state and you have trouble getting recruits to find you on a map let alone come visit. But, in Beaumont?! Their recruiting visits must feel like an adult trying to show off their shiny cool car to the kids in the neighborhood but it's a 2013 Kia Sedona.

First Class FCS Ruler Puddin Tane's Avatar
    My Team
    Lamar

I think it goes hand in hand in his recruiting the little overlooked like he was players

and its not exactly a triple option…but just as boring. Im not sure what you would label it. A morphed flexbone with the occasional te handoff up the middle and a wr running 10 yards deep behind the qb almost every play. Theres not alot of the typical run wide, qb keep or pitch. A bunch of run up the middle behind an all freshmen line.

My Team
    South Dakota State

The triple option is acceptable for the service academies only, due to their disadvantage at recruiting compared to the rest. Also usually the only successful triple option coaches come from the Paul Johnson coaching tree, not sure of Lamar’s coach worked under him.
    Also to be fair Lamar did beat Northern Colorado so they’re far from the worst in the FCS.

AGS FCS Champion

My Team
    Eastern Washington

Quote Originally Posted by acbearkat View Post
    Could this team be the worst team in the FCS? They don't look any better than they did in the spring, and were blown out at home 56-0 by Abilene Christian Saturday. That team is horrible. Why on earth when you are located in one of the most talent rich regions in the state of Texas, with state powerhouses West Orange Stark and Port-Neches Groves (especially WOS) nearby and the Houston area just to the west, do you hire a head coach who runs the triple option? I don't see another game Lamar has on their schedule they can win. I would not be surprised to see Lamar making a head coaching change after the season, and that would be best. The Cardinals need to dump the triple option, and go get a coach who has a offensive style recruits want to play in. The triple option isn't it.

Puddin Tane, the resident Lamar fan on this board, is no fan of the triple option.

Texas is talent rich, but saturated with universities. That's the reason SHSU has to rely so heavily on transfers. Texas has 12 FBS schools and like, what 10 FCS schools for their 21 million population. Compare that with Washington which has 7 million population and 2 FBS schools and 1 FCS school.

Somebody is going to take the hit somewhere.

The Ambien of AGS

My Team

Could this team be the worst team in the FCS?
    We will find out for sure on November 13th.

First Class FCS Ruler acbearkat's Avatar
    My Team
    Sam Houston State

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    We will find out for sure on November 13th.
    Jacksonville State could have 10 turnovers in that game with 15 penalties and still win by 40 points over Lamar. I'm being both serious and facetious and at the same time. In the spring, in Beaumont, we had four turnovers and beat Lamar 62-7, as they also had four turnovers. Without the four turnovers, we probably score at least 80. It was an ugly game to watch. I watched Lamar play my first year at Sam (2011) and we beat them 66-0. Granted, they had just brought back football, so they were really bad.
    December 2013 graduate of Sam Houston

Follow me on Twitter @etexbearkat

Jacksonville State could have 10 turnovers in that game with 15 penalties and still win by 40 points over Lamar. I'm being both serious and facetious and at the same time. In the spring, in Beaumont, we had four turnovers and beat Lamar 62-7, as they also had four turnovers. Without the four turnovers, we probably score at least 80. It was an ugly game to watch. I watched Lamar play my first year at Sam (2011) and we beat them 66-0. Granted, they had just brought back football, so they were really bad.
    Never, Never, Never underestimate a JSU team. Our secondary is very forgiving and Lamar will feel free and relaxed. Not only will be have 15 penalties Lamar may get 15 first downs from JSU penalties. This is a special JSU team even more undisciplined than any of the other great undisciplined team in JSU history.

Stay tuned guys you may see things you cant even see at your local traveling carnival. Step right up guys step right up!!
    Jacksonville State University
    The only school to win the Triple Crown of National Championships--Football, Basketball, and Baseball

www.gojaxstate.net

First Class FCS Ruler Puddin Tane's Avatar
    My Team
    Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocky View Post
    Never, Never, Never underestimate a JSU team. Our secondary is very forgiving and Lamar will feel free and relaxed. Not only will be have 15 penalties Lamar may get 15 first downs from JSU penalties. This is a special JSU team even more undisciplined than any of the other great undisciplined team in JSU history.

Stay tuned guys you may see things you cant even see at your local traveling carnival. Step right up guys step right up!!
    we dont pass