My usual weekly post to the opposing team-

Anything good to report? The pre-season injuries we suffered were all guys out for the year so through the first 3 games we have stayed relatively healthy aside from those thankfully. We got our DE back who missed week 1 in week 2 and he played a lot more this past week so that is good. Other than that just little nagging things, how about ya'll?

This is a really big game in a relative sense. I say relative b/c in reality conference games are really the only legit path to the playoffs for both of us. It is highly doubtful either of us makes the post season as an at large. Maybe we could with 2 losses if we beat whoever the AQ is but not likely and I am thinking the same for you.

The winner of this game gains a ton of momentum, but actually for whoever wins it really "keeps" the momentum and adds to it. I do not think we will be faulted much for our week 1 FBS loss since it was week 1 and FBS and it looks like Merrimack is pretty good so a win for you guys can erase that loss and a win for us gets us to 3-1 with a win against a good playoff caliber team. Whoever loses, although the path to the playoffs remains unchanged really, sort of loses any relevant "national" conversation. So it is big!

Not sure what happened with the Merrimack game, but I will chalk it up to typical letdown/trap. We only beat Fordham by 3 but sort of let them in the game (we were up 10 late in the 3rd and had the ball 1st and goal on the 1 to go up 17 and our QB made a dumb decision and threw a pick). And not for nothing but Fordham is decent. If they had played some CAA or similar instead of Nebraska and another FBS I think folks would be looking at them a lot differently right now, they were capable for sure.

We finally put a somewhat complete game together last week and showed more of what we were in 2019 (when we beat you in the playoffs) and this past Spring. Our offense began to click and it clearly helped our D. I feel as if you guys have a good D. I watched the UCONN game and was impressed with the team speed on D. I would be impressed if you could shut us down but one never knows. Your offense seems capable but I feel the recipe for you guys is good defense, no turnovers and make plays when they are there. I guess what I am saying is I cannot see you guys winning a shootout with us, but if you have a chance would need to be more like your Yale game.

If both teams "show up" should be a good game, I am guessing we will be about 7 point favorites.

I assume HC will travel pretty well with the excitement around the program? This is our first home game and although we are anything but a big time Stadium we play well at home and expect a good crowd. It is supposed to be a perfect early Fall day.

If any HC folks have something to add or thoughts, would look forward to seeing!