Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AGS Pick 5 Survival League - Week 4, Fall 2021

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    North Dakota State University

AGS Pick 5 Survival League - Week 4, Fall 2021

Well, it appears that this survival league is way too easy...at least through Week 3. Every active player had 5 out of 5 correct picks and gets to use their “Keep” pick of the week for later use. This was not completely unexpected, as there are still 9 weeks (45 picks) left in the season. I suspect this might become a bit more challenging as conference play begins.

The leaderboard (link in my signature) has been updated to reflect Week 3 results...no change from last week, but the available teams list has been updated for everybody (remember, if you had a perfect week, you get to use that pick again, even if it is crossed out on the “Available Teams” list).

Below is the link for making Week 4 picks. I hope everyone is enjoying the game so far.

MAKE WEEK 4 SURVIVAL PICKS HERE

DEADLINE: THU, SEP 23 @ 5 PM ET

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: AGS Pick 5 Survival League - Week 4, Fall 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Preferred Walk-On View Post
    Well, it appears that this survival league is way too easy...at least through Week 3. Every active player had 5 out of 5 correct picks and gets to use their “Keep” pick of the week for later use. This was not completely unexpected, as there are still 9 weeks (45 picks) left in the season. I suspect this might become a bit more challenging as conference play begins.

The leaderboard (link in my signature) has been updated to reflect Week 3 results...no change from last week, but the available teams list has been updated for everybody (remember, if you had a perfect week, you get to use that pick again, even if it is crossed out on the “Available Teams” list).

Below is the link for making Week 4 picks. I hope everyone is enjoying the game so far.

OK, I have a question, I had 100% in week 1 and 3 and my "Keep" picks were North Dakota and Jacksonville State but it shows I can't use them again. Is this correct, I have only used these two picks once. Am I missing something??
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post
    OK, I have a question, I had 100% in week 1 and 3 and my "Keep" picks were North Dakota and Jacksonville State but it shows I can't use them again. Is this correct, I have only used these two picks once. Am I missing something??
    Current limitation of Google Sheets (at least for my skill level) - I am trying to figure out a workaround.

Your two "Keep" teams from Week 1 and 3 are both still AVAILABLE (Blue highlight in "Week X" column supersedes Red strikethrough in "Available Teams Remaining").

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Current limitation of Google Sheets (at least for my skill level) - I am trying to figure out a workaround.

Your two "Keep" teams from Week 1 and 3 are both still AVAILABLE (Blue highlight in "Week X" column supersedes Red strikethrough in "Available Teams Remaining").
    Sweet, thanks and thanks for doing this, it looks like a nightmare to maintain.
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team

Quote Originally Posted by POD Knows View Post

OK everybody. I was tired of not being able to figure out how to work around "Keep" teams showing up as unavailable. I am happy to say that after about two hours of work this evening trying different equations in Google Sheets and revising conditional formatting for everyone's individual sheets, I have figured it out.

The link in my signature is now for the revised sheet, wherein if a team is shown as not available, it is NOT available. Furthermore, if you earned a keeper for another week, it will now show as AVAILABLE until you use it a second time.

I repeat, the list of teams available now correctly shows the available and unavailable teams. Carry on.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

OK everybody. I was tired of not being able to figure out how to work around "Keep" teams showing up as unavailable. I am happy to say that after about two hours of work this evening trying different equations in Google Sheets and revising conditional formatting for everyone's individual sheets, I have figured it out.

The link in my signature is now for the revised sheet, wherein if a team is shown as not available, it is NOT available. Furthermore, if you earned a keeper for another week, it will now show as AVAILABLE until you use it a second time.

I repeat, the list of teams available now correctly shows the available and unavailable teams. Carry on.
    impressive, You’re kinda like the best worker at the office where everybody keeps piling work on because he’s the best

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    impressive, You’re kinda like the best worker at the office where everybody keeps piling work on because he’s the best

Yeah, Usually, that guy is ME. So I really appreciate PWO going the extra mile here!

You're the MAN, PWO!
    GoHens.net - Home of the FCS Top 25 and Playoff Pools

AGS FCS Expert

I thought I went the "safe" route this week but that Maine game had me scared. Luckily they got it.

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

There were a bunch of games going in that looked like sure picks, but didn't turn out that way. For me that included UNH @ Lafayette, Dartmouth at Valpo and JSU at home vs. No Alabama.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team

Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    There were a bunch of games going in that looked like sure picks, but didn't turn out that way. For me that included UNH @ Lafayette, Dartmouth at Valpo and JSU at home vs. No Alabama.
    Was sweating out two of those games, AND Eastern Washington @ Western Illinois was a bit more interesting than I needed it to be.

Based on the Dartmouth and Yale games, it appears that the Ivy is a one-bid league...oh, wait a minute. Sorry Ivies, just couldn't help myself.