Back in February, the dominoes of conference realignment fell when Sam Houston, SFA, Lamar, Abilene Christian, Central Arkansas, Jacksonville State, and Eastern left the Southland and Ohio Valley Conferences to join the WAC and ASUN (SHSU, SFA, Lamar, and ACU to the WAC; JSU, UCA, and EKU to the ASUN). Then this past week, the biggest dominoes of realignment fell when word that Texas and Oklahoma had been having talks joining the SEC (UT and OU joining the SEC will soon be official, possibly in the next 48 hours). That story was broken by Houston Chronicle, reporter Brent Zwernerman, who covers Texas A&M for the Houston Chronicle and is a Sam Houston alum, so that's where the FCS angle of that story comes in. I have a hard time believing that the WAC/ASUN Challenge is the only thing we'll see in FCS conference realignment over the next year to two years. In my opinion, the next domino to fall is the Louisiana football playing schools will leave the Southland and join other conferences, possibly split up between the WAC and ASUN. What do all of you think will happen next in terms of FCS realignment? If you ask me, the Southland, the conference my alma mater (Sam Houston) had been in for around 25 years, is all but dead.

What we have known for years in terms of college football is quickly coming to an end, and it's one part exciting, and another part anxiety provoking. Everyone just needs to buckle their seat belts, because realignment is kicking into high gear, and it's unlikely to be long before see the next domino fall in terms of FCS realignment.