As the breakup of the SLC nears, I just want to thank those of you (especially Sam Houston and UCA fans) who have kept the threads going about the SLC such as weekly game picks and such and for your insightfulness and information. Your schools are lucky to have such dedicated fans as you! Best of luck until we meet again in non-conference or playoff games.

Now the SLC begins to move forward post-break-up into this coming sports season and beyond with changes on the horizon: https://crescentcitysports.com/south...ring-meetings/

McNeese, as the longest permanent member, seems to be taking a leadership role. It looks as though most of the conference tournaments (such as basketball and baseball) will be moving to on-campus sites permanently after the 2021-22 season. The conference will host a pre-conference men's and women's basketball tournament in the first week of January 2022 before the start of the 14-game conference season with the postseason conference tournament in Katy, Texas, but maybe for the last year.

The SLC's football conference season is a strange one for this season with home-and-home games between conference members, as most of you know. At this point, there is nothing guaranteed about adding new members, but something may be announced this summer. I, for one, hope there is no rush to do this. I also hope that the conference does not add too many schools as to cut down on the opportunity to schedule quality out-of-conference opponents. This has been a difficulty the last few years.