• North Dakota

23 62.16%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Spring Playoffs Round 1: Missouri St @ North Dakota

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion

2021 Spring Playoffs Round 1: Missouri St @ North Dakota

Here's how these two match up statistically with the national ranks in parenthesis. Take them with a grain of salt given how few games some teams played this spring and the insular schedules most teams played but hopefully it gives some insight on the relative strengths and weaknesses of each team.

Discuss.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

Re: 2021 Spring Playoffs Round 1: Missouri St @ North Dakota

Welp, not the way you'd like to start out the playoffs. Starting O-Lineman hits the transfer portal:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...e-playoff-game

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dmksioux View Post
    Welp, not the way you'd like to start out the playoffs. Starting O-Lineman hits the transfer portal:

Yeah, this is another reason why this spring season is a mess... never really noticed it in the past but this is prime time for transfer recruiting. If their intent it so leave before next fall these guys feel like they have to get their names into the portal now or if they wait until next month who knows how many fewer scholarship opportunities will be out there for them. Teams are already short with all the losses to graduation so losing transfers mid-season just makes it an even bigger mess.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion

Unbelievable!

AGS FCS Champion

This game is the biggest coin flip of the first round for me. By the time Saturday rolls around UND will have been 5 weeks away from their last game. Missouri St will have only played once since the calendar hit April as well.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This game is the biggest coin flip of the first round for me. By the time Saturday rolls around UND will have been 5 weeks away from their last game. Missouri St will have only played once since the calendar hit April as well.
    Take the home team professor

Someone on Siouxsports had mentioned that transfers have to announce their intention by the first week of May. Is that correct? If so, better to have him leave now if he's already made up his mind about transferring. I'd rather they play someone who is committed to the team vs looking to move on.

AGS FCS Master

Someone on Siouxsports had mentioned that transfers have to announce their intention by the first week of May. Is that correct? If so, better to have him leave now if he's already made up his mind about transferring. I'd rather they play someone who is committed to the team vs looking to move on.
    is there a rule that says that student athletes are forbidden to play for their (soon-to-be) former team once they've put their name into the transfer portal? Assuming they are still enrolled and attending classes at that school and meet all other eligibility requirements.

Would it really be all that different than when FBS coaches get hired to a new job after the regular season, but remain to coach their old team for the bowl game. (I know that doesn't always happen, but I thought I remembered hearing it happen at least occasionally in the past. Or an FCS coach that got hired to a FBS job, but stuck with the FCS team for their playoff game(s))

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JayJ79 View Post
    is there a rule that says that student athletes are forbidden to play for their (soon-to-be) former team once they've put their name into the transfer portal? Assuming they are still enrolled and attending classes at that school and meet all other eligibility requirements.

Would it really be all that different than when FBS coaches get hired to a new job after the regular season, but remain to coach their old team for the bowl game. (I know that doesn't always happen, but I thought I remembered hearing it happen at least occasionally in the past. Or an FCS coach that got hired to a FBS job, but stuck with the FCS team for their playoff game(s))
    I don't think so but that's too awkward of a situation and would cause some major issues in the locker room IMO. Watching Bubba's presser there's no chance of it happening either. He was not happy.

First Class FCS Ruler
    My Team
    North Dakota

Vmi