Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriot League Pick 'em Week *3--Spring 2021 (Colgate @ Fordham only?!?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Patriot League Pick 'em Week *3--Spring 2021 (Colgate @ Fordham only?!?)

Colgate @ Fordham 4pm Saturday

Are there any other games? HC site says the game with Bucknell was postponed. Lafayette says the Lehigh game pushed back to the 10th. I'm guessing this is the only show in town for the PL?

Both teams really need this win to salvage the Spring. Colgate fans - what's the deal with the Covid pause you went through? We had ours earlier in the Spring which pushed back the Bucknell game and had us playing our first game after everyone else. Were you guys paused AFTER HC? If so, when did things resume? Can't be easy with those starts and stops.

Curious what to expect from Gate?

We looked very good throughout much of the HC game imo but were completely unable to come through in the clutch and we also got out coached. Our O is really solid this year and I would expect we'll have more success running this week than last. Our DL played great but we're suspect through the air. Special teams-wise, with the transfer of All PL Mevis to Iowa State our kicking game is a huge liability. Missed FGs and a blocked punt for TD really doomed us last week. I'll think we'll be tough if we can have that growth in game 2 that you expect to see most seasons.
    Upon the fields of friendly strife ...

My Team
    Delaware

Re: Patriot League Pick 'em Week *3--Spring 2021 (Colgate @ Fordham only?!?)

Bucknell at Lehigh was moved to this week (noon kick), so there are two games. Next week there are three scheduled (Lehigh at Lafayette, Holy Cross at Colgate, Fordham at Bucknell).

ah, thank you @OhioHen!! The PL website and ESPN haven't been too helpful so I went to HC and Lafayette's sites but didn't check Lehigh & Bucknell. Thank you

Obviously you have to go with Bucknell in that one.

I'll go with the Rams as well, since that's just what I do
    Upon the fields of friendly strife ...

My Team
    Delaware

Colgate and Bucknell for the wins

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Harvard, ETSU, St. Thomas, UC Davis, Chicago, MIT

Colgate
    Bucknell
    Will FCS football survive the mess created by the NIL saga?

---
    AGS Countdown Maven since 2019
    AGS Schedule Maven since 2022

AGS FCS Champion TheValleyRaider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fordham View Post
    Colgate @ Fordham 4pm Saturday

Are there any other games? HC site says the game with Bucknell was postponed. Lafayette says the Lehigh game pushed back to the 10th. I'm guessing this is the only show in town for the PL?
    Released by the League yesterday: https://patriotleague.org/news/2021/3/31/patriot-league-announces-football-schedule-adjustments-for-next-two-weeks.aspx

So yeah, CU-FU and BU-LU for Saturday

Both teams really need this win to salvage the Spring. Colgate fans - what's the deal with the Covid pause you went through? We had ours earlier in the Spring which pushed back the Bucknell game and had us playing our first game after everyone else. Were you guys paused AFTER HC? If so, when did things resume? Can't be easy with those starts and stops.

Curious what to expect from Gate?
    COVID pause was announced after the first game against Lafayette, a rather dispiriting defeat. Lehigh was the first postponed game, plus the originally scheduled HC game. Fordham is still as originally scheduled, but we'll move HC into the extra week. This was, to my knowledge, the only real pause the football team has had, though I'm not exactly plugged in, and they're pretty tight-lipped. Per the long-snapper, who has his own newsletter (no, really: https://gocolgateraiders.com/documen...2.pdf?id=12543), it was "a positive case" which put three position groups into quarantine.

As far as I can tell, these are the only postponements/cancellations Colgate has had since restarting sports that were the result of a positive case in Hamilton. Everything else has been other schools cancelling for their own cases. Colgate seems like they have done a good job keeping up with protocols, though geographic isolation and a little luck are probably in play too.

Our only game so far was disappointing, to be sure. Not a very good performance, driven by getting outplayed on both lines. Some credit should go to Lafayette's defense, which is pretty talented, but their O-line ran us over as well. I expect improvement, but really hard to say how much. Games with Fordham can always turn into tough, tight games, so I'm hoping for some entertainment this weekend. The season has been a challenge, but all they can ask for is a chance to play.
    Patriot League Champions - 1997 1999 2002 2003 2005 2008 2012 2015 2017 2018
    NCAA Playoffs - 1982 1983 1997 1998 1999 2003 2005 2008 2012 2015 2018
    NCAA Championship Game - 2003
    1932 - Undefeated, Untied, Unscored Upon
    Let's Go 'Gate!

On the Breast of Old South Mountain
    My Team
    Lehigh

With all the starts/stops/starts, some kids being ill and recovering, one can only guess what we're going to see on Saturday. Getting a chance to see how the newbies compete and work on some new schemes is the best to be achieved this spring. I can't imagine any PL team acquitting themselves very well in a first round FCS playoff game, against bigger/faster teams who have been playing pretty regularly for two months. Could even be dangerous injury/risk wise.
    LEHIGH WILL SHINE TONIGHT, LEHIGH WILL SHINE!
    Patriot League Champions: 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    NCAA Playoff Appearances: D-II 1973, 1975, 1977 NCAA Champions
    D-IAA 1979 (Finalist), 1980, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017

AGS FCS Champion TheValleyRaider's Avatar

Yes, right, time for picks. 2-2 on the spring

Bucknell at Lehigh Bucknell Only one game so far for each, clearly different results. Add in Cecchini probably wanting to stick it to the Hawks a bit, and I have a hard time picking against the Bison here.

Colgate at Fordham Colgate It's been a while since Colgate was on the field, but hopefully there is some improvement from last time out. Fordham had their time off previously, and got on the field only to lose to HC. Inauspicious beginnings all around! Really not sure what to expect from the Raiders, but going to be hopeful that they can make next week's (only) home game against the Crusaders meaningful.
    Patriot League Champions - 1997 1999 2002 2003 2005 2008 2012 2015 2017 2018
    NCAA Playoffs - 1982 1983 1997 1998 1999 2003 2005 2008 2012 2015 2018
    NCAA Championship Game - 2003
    1932 - Undefeated, Untied, Unscored Upon
    Let's Go 'Gate!

First Class FCS Ruler BucBisonAtLarge's Avatar

Bucknell
    Colgate

Good to be back.

My Team
    Holy Cross

Fordham
    Bucknell