Week 4 in the books and that was truly an impressive effort by YSU, but unfortunately we had to leave Brookings with a L. Things looked very dicey early giving up some big plays and 10 quick points and I feared a beatdown was upon us. However the defense quickly got into a nice groove and gave SDSU fits for much of the game. The continued weaknesses of passing the ball and special teams came out once again, but those weaknesses were offset in part by a solid rushing performance (196 yards) against an SDSU defense that held UNI to just 28 yards rushing. Unfortunately a FG with 30 seconds left sealed it for SDSU.

After week 1 I was encouraged by the defense, but thought it may have just been a fluke. However after 4 weeks against #1, #5, #8, and #11 at the time , I can say with much certainty that this young defense is the strength of this team.

Onto USD next week. Call me crazy, but I'd be quite disappointed if we came away with a loss next week after how we have made some nice gains in recent weeks against four quality opponents. Left with a bare cupboard from BO, this staff is making the most of the talent on the field. Hopefully they can identify some potential transfers this offseason, particularly on offense, because they have the potential to make some nice improvements this fall.

Beam Me Up...