Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WAC geography issue

First Class FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Sam Houston State

Re: WAC geography issue

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTerror View Post
    The WAC is likely not having an automatic bid in '21 unless the ASUN schools come over for a one-year schedule alliance as had been reported by Pete Thamel and somewhat 'debunked' by comments made by others. It seems something will give way because the ASUN schools unless they join the Big South for a year, will have the same predicament.

The WAC will file for a waiver and will get one in '22 when it has seven schools, albeit two that are in transition.
    Then we must win big and win often!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Team
    Dayton

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    As far as "footprint"- the WAC brought in schools that would be closer to the middle and got rid of an outlier in Chicago State. I'm sure that Seattle would love to be in the PCC or even the Big Sky but it doesn't look like that phone call has been made yet. Sometimes you have to stay where you are at. Sometimes you make a move that you think is up but it turns out not to be.

Remember when Boise State and San Diego State were going to join the Big East in football? Geographically it made no sense, yet they thought about doing it.
    I am a big Aztec fan. I was against it except for the idea of playing someone different. The Aztecs have a history of playing a boring slate

Funniest of the not funny TheRevSFA's Avatar
    My Team
    Stephen F. Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Maniac View Post
    This I do know. SFA has applied to the NCAA asking that this be the year counting for their punishment. The tricky part here is the punishment was they could not be conference champs or participate in playoffs. Because they played in the fall, claimed they were conference champs and were not eligible to play spring conference games could be viewed by the NCAA in many ways. This might be a situation where WAC influence might help.

SFA was also being facetious about the conference champs thing but as we all know, a sense of humor is one thing that Sam folks don’t have.
    Funniest of the not funny since 2018

My Team
    Stephen F. Austin

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTerror View Post
    The WAC is likely not having an automatic bid in '21 unless the ASUN schools come over for a one-year schedule alliance as had been reported by Pete Thamel and somewhat 'debunked' by comments made by others. It seems something will give way because the ASUN schools unless they join the Big South for a year, will have the same predicament.

The WAC will file for a waiver and will get one in '22 when it has seven schools, albeit two that are in transition.
    I’d wait for the check to clear. Remember when Sam denied WAC rumors?

First Class FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Sam Houston State

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevSFA View Post
    SFA was also being facetious about the conference champs thing but as we all know, a sense of humor is one thing that Sam folks don’t have.
    Oh I don't know. I always laugh after BOTPW.

My Team
    Stephen F. Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Maniac View Post
    Oh I don't know. I always laugh after BOTPW.

I do too as it’s sad that’s the only game Sam alumni go to. I guess they don’t want to revisit the prison?

Good news is that y’all hired a marketing firm to go from horrendous to adequate.

I’d wait for the check to clear. Remember when Sam denied WAC rumors?
    On the Bet FCS podcast, the WAC's media relations guy felt pretty comfortable in an automatic bid for '21 and that things were coming along. He even thought there was a chance something could be announced at this point. I believe the deadline for all sports in the NCAA landscape for 21-22 automatic bids has come and gone (Feb 1)
    -The Terror-

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Sam Houston

I do too as it’s sad that’s the only game Sam alumni go to. I guess they don’t want to revisit the prison?

Good news is that y’all hired a marketing firm to go from horrendous to adequate.
    Nice to see that the initial good feelings of common purpose created among the teams in the Texas 4 to the WAC was only temporary. The football universe is back in balance.
    The Moth don't care if the Flame is real.

First Class FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Sam Houston State

That's the best you have? A prison jab? If we didn't keep your criminals where would you put them?

First Class FCS Ruler Puddin Tane's Avatar
    My Team
    Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by jajfitz View Post
    I am not from Texas or Utah and don't have a dog in the fight but why would would schools leave their respective conferences for a new conference where schools are 1000 miles away? I've never understood West Virginia to the Big XII.
    I’m not a fan of the move, heck, I think Abilene is too far!