Quote Originally Posted by NY Crusader 2010 View Post
IMO, as fans, it's easy for us to say "hey, let's just wait for fall and rest up for a real season. Especially one where actually attending games should be a reality". However, let's also remember most of our member schools are comprised of liberal arts students. For just about every senior in the league, it might be your last chance to represent your school on the field. For their sake, I hope that even an abridged season with a couple intense rivalry games is able to take place.
I agree with the "once in a lifetime aspect" completely. However, the reality is the vast majority of NCAA/NAIA did not play, or will not be playing anytime soon. Outside of of a handful of FCS schools, the reason there was any college football was $$$ and contracts.

Fordham and Georgetown (I know they're out but they still have a say) are located in major urban areas while Lehigh, Lafayette and Holy Cross are in fairly large metro areas; that's an issue right there. The Covid climate in these areas is simply not good right now. That combined with general student populations/rosters that are about as geographic diverse as it gets and you have more ammo to tread lightly. Generally speaking, the PL and IL will going to error on the side of caution (might be the understatement of 2021 so far) which leads me to believe there won't be a meaningful spring season.