Thread: Portland QB heading to Mississippi Valley

Portland QB heading to Mississippi Valley

There’s been a lot of talk about the New SWAC, but one of the league’s old guns just got a new toy.

Mississippi Valley State picked up a commitment from former Portland State quarterback Jelani Eason on Wednesday.

https://hbcugameday.com/2020/07/01/p...ssippi-valley/

AGS FCS Expert

Re: Portland QB heading to Mississippi Valley

Good for him. Dynamic running quarterback who showed glimpses that he could be a great player. I was hoping he would be able to continue somewhere. Good pickup for MVSU.

First Class FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Temple

Not a bad landing spot for him. While it is quite the trek from Portland to Mississippi Valley he should be able to instantly challenge for the starting QB position. They are polar opposite campuses with PSU being a pretty big school while MSVS is quite small and ironically they've drew better attendance at home than Portland State last season.

AGS FCS Champion FormerPokeCenter's Avatar
    My Team
    McNeese State

I feel sorry for that kid....not because he's going to the SWAC or MV...not because of the culture shock, but because he's going from Portland, Oregon's summer climate to the God-forsaken-middle-of-nowhere-bum-****ed-egypt known as Itta Bena....the heat and humidity in that place is going to be the rudest of awakenings. That kid's gonna think he's died and gone to hell when tries to breathe the boiling water that Mississippi calls air...it's almost as bad as it is in Louisiana....

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by FormerPokeCenter View Post
    I feel sorry for that kid....not because he's going to the SWAC or MV...not because of the culture shock, but because he's going from Portland, Oregon's summer climate to the God-forsaken-middle-of-nowhere-bum-****ed-egypt known as Itta Bena....the heat and humidity in that place is going to be the rudest of awakenings. That kid's gonna think he's died and gone to hell when tries to breathe the boiling water that Mississippi calls air...it's almost as bad as it is in Louisiana....
    He is actually from Los Angeles.

My Team
    McNeese State

LOL, the AVERAGE high in Los Angeles during July and August is mid to high 80's....that poor kid is gonna lose his mind in 100ish temps with 90% humidity....this ain't that dry **** y'all talk about out there in California!

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Lived in LA; been to Portland & seen it a lot on TV & Twitter recently. He just may feel like he’s landed in a warm, kinda muggy paradise.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

Quote Originally Posted by JALMOND View Post
    He is actually from Los Angeles.
    Before my freshman year at T, I spent a few weeks in Houston at the end of July. I was smacked silly by that Bayou air. That bayou heat and humidity aint a joke, especially for someone coming from the West Coast. But with that being said, he’ll adjust.

My Team
    McNeese State

And Houston gets a Gulf Breeze....The only breezes that Itta Bena ever sees is when a Tornado rips through....They got that dead air humidity and heat.

My Team
    North Dakota State

I was going to go to the game down there when we played them. I could get no takers to go. As a matter of fact most said that this is one trip I should miss and they would rather return to Terre Haute. Which they also said was highly unlikely.
    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."