Thread: Robert Morris leaving the NEC?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Team
    Central Connecticut State

Re: Robert Morris leaving the NEC?

RMU is in a tight spot here and will have to do a lot of work to keep an 11 game schedule.

Don't forget @LIU.

With the COVID situation looming, I have no doubt that these 5 NEC teams (Bryant, CCSU, LIU, SHU, and Wagner) would be satisfied with dropping RMU from the schedule and playing just 10 games in 2020. These teams will all remain eligible for the AQ by winning the NEC.

CCSU also lost a home game to Valpo and is down to 9 games, but I have it on very good authority that CCSU is NOT taking that road trip. Central is looking for at least 1 game now, but will make do with a 9-game schedule and AQ access in 2020.

If RMU isn't willing to bus out to the NEC schools, they probably won't be able to keep those games on the schedule. Is RMU willing/able to find 5 new opponents this fall or are a few farewell trips to NEC campuses worth it? All D-II teams are playing one less games this year and so I doubt RMU is able to find replacement games there. That could mean that RMU is potentially facing a 6 game schedule.
    Last edited by aceinthehole; June 16th, 2020 at 05:37 PM.

Six-Time NEC Football Champions

2019 | 2017 | 2010 | 2009 | 2005 | 2004
    FCS Playoffs - 2019, 2017