Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
Can the PL produce more than 1 team with a winning record for the for the first time since 2016? I'd like to think so but it's far from a slam dunk. Holy Cross should be able to keep their head above water thanks to a very good coach. Colgate has the QB and some good pieces but did lose quite a bit along the OL. Bucknell would be my wildcard. They were darn close to a winning record in Cecchini's first year. Lehigh needs to find an OL and QB. Lafayette had 2-3 games last year that turned some heads but overall they were not very good in year 3 of the Garrett era. Fordham has a boatload for talent (best LB duo on FCS) but can't put it all together. I've basically given up on Georgetown. I know they suffered injuries last year but a winless conference season after all the expectations was a failure for Sgarlata and the program. I don't think they bounce back from that.

I also believe the Ivy League will still be a Top 5 conference in 2020 despite the big 3 suffering significant losses. The talent level is soo deep and the staffs don't change much. The top teams simply reload this point....
I feel like I've said this about a half-dozen times about Bucknell since 2007 and every time they just end up being what we're used to seeing out of Lewisburg. They did have that one season where they had that OT loss to Fordham 5 or 6 years ago and finished 9-2.

As far as teams with winning records, I'm predicting 3 out of 7 will find a way to be +.500 this year. Since we started playing FBS guarantee games, the overall winning % of the conference has declined. That's what happens when you replace low-end Ivies and Marist with the likes of Syracuse, Navy and Air Force on the schedules. On top of that, for whatever reason, Sacred Heart and Monmouth can't lose against the PL. Probably 15-0 against our conference collectively since about 2015.