Thread: Trey Lance hype train already rolling

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion

Re: Trey Lance hype train already rolling

Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    THE Citadel will show up in the lesser Carolina and take your money and another scalp back to Charleston with them.

The Cadets last trip to Boone.
    App was in transition but I feel like the one reason they had a bad year was the QB play. It was frustrating for them and I think by midseason the team mentally checked out. QB Londry-Jackson was not very good. My NFL contacts thought he had a real shot before his senior year for some reason and that was one player I did not see it with. Media liked him as well. He had an awful senior year and I don't even think he got a tryout in the NFL.

In 2019 the only way to compare is the one common opponent between them. App started off slow in their first game with the new coaches but beat ETSU 42-7 and by the 2nd quarter it really was not a game. Citadel beat ETSU 31-27 and had to put the game away in the 4th quarter.

The big difference for App and GSU now is both teams have a couple more potential NFL players and much better depth. In FCS a team is super lucky to have 3 very good RBs but both of them have 4-5 RBs who can run for 100 yards in a game easy. App actually beat South Carolina because of depth. Both teams had major injuries but App's 2nd and 3rd string came up big and helped put them over the top in Columbia.

App's depth is what should give them the edge with Citadel but the option is the one thing that has given App troubles at times. 2022 is a ways away though so it is hard to know how either team will look. Anything could happen and we have two years so we will see how it looks.
    Last edited by smallcollegefbfan; May 21st, 2020 at 09:08 PM.