Thread: Dixie St going FCS ... very impressive football scheduling

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FCS Expert
    My Team
    Illinois State

Dixie St going FCS ... very impressive football scheduling

Dixie St is in St George, UT, has 11,200 students .. affiliated with Church of Latter Day Saints. They went 8-3 in D-II last year, though Massey wasn't too impressed and ranked them #50. They play in the Rocky Mountain conference whose best football teams are CSU Pueblo and Colorado Mines.

They will go D-I in all sports this summer and participate in WAC, which apparently does not do football .. so football will be independent for now. What is most impressive is their scheduling ... reportedly, they have somehow gotten home & home deals with my ISUr, SDSU, USD, Weber St, Mont St, Sac St ... so they got 5 top 10 level playoff teams, including 4 of the final 8 teams from this years playoffs to do a home & home over then next 3-4 years. Reportedly ISUr got 2 home games to their 1 home game, but I haven't confirmed yet. They also got their "big brother", BYU, to give them an FBS buy game in 2022.

With 4 pages of threads on New Haven, I thought Dixie St deserved some attention. i am curious to know how they were able to convince 6 quality FCS programs, all from the 2 top conferences, to schedule all these h&h games. I'm guessing there had to be some incentive they offered to secure these in advance.
    Last edited by Redbird 4th & short; February 12th, 2020 at 08:54 PM.