Thread: Only One Doubleheader Opportunity This Year

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Only One Doubleheader Opportunity This Year

Last year at this time some of us were beginning to beat the drums for an Ivy-Patriot doubleheader with Princeton @ Lehigh in the afternoon and Penn @ Lafayette under the newly installed lights at Fisher Stadium/Field/whatever. The stadiums are only a few miles apart, and it sounded like a marvelous day of college football. It didn't happen - primarily because the folks at Lafayette wisely did not trust their contractors to get things finished on time. The Penn game, like all of the other 2006 games at Lafayette kicked off shortly after 1:00.

This year Lafayette will begin its new "tradition" of playing most (all?) home games thru mid-October under the lights. We have one - and only one - opportunity for a doubleheader:

Saturday, September 22nd
    VMI @ Lehigh (starting time is listed as TBA, but you can bet on 1:00)
    Princeton @ Lafayette (6:00)

Unless there is a groundswell of AGS support for this event (and I am hereby proposing some sort of a group activity), I doubt if I will be there. In the first place, I will be at the Harvard @ Lehigh game the following Saturday and I doubt if my system can take two consecutive weeks of boisterously supporting the Squawks in person vs. non-League foes. Secondly, after all of these years, my spousal unit has finally learned how to read a football schedule. She schedules my Saturday "honey-dos" around home games and TV starts.

Any doubleheader guys out there to get me off the hook and out of the house?
    Last edited by carney2; May 31st, 2007 at 10:17 AM.