Thread: "Steel Curtain's" Donnie Shell, brings SC State's Pro Hall of Fame count to Four

My Team
    Howard

"Steel Curtain's" Donnie Shell, brings SC State's Pro Hall of Fame count to Four

SC State board member inducted into Pro Football Hall of Fame

By Kiana Miller | January 16, 2020 at 9:39 AM EST - Updated January 16 at 9:39 AM

ORANGEBURG, S.C. (WIS) - A South Carolina State University Board of Trustees member has been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Donnie Shell graduated from SC State in 1974 and joins three other SC State Hall of Famers: Harry Carson, David “Deacon” Jones and Marion Motley. Shell played defense for the Pittsburgh Steelers for 14 years, beginning his career in 1974 and ending it in 1987.

https://www.wistv.com/2020/01/16/sc-...all-hall-fame/
    The MEAC RISES!!

AGS FCS Champion

Re: "Steel Curtain's" Donnie Shell, brings SC State's Pro Hall of Fame count to Four

Congrats to Donnie Shell & well deserved. Certainly a lot of great history, legacy, & notoriety @ SCSt.

Congrats also to SU’s Harold Carmichael for his induction. Hopefully Mel Blount and Otis Taylor make it in as well. History, legacy, & notoriety.
    POTUS #46, joseph r. biden - "Blacks..racial jungle"
    POTUS #45, donald j. trump -
    "Blacks are STUPID"
    Bison Fan in NW MN-"Hey farrahkan, burn any businesses lately?"
    Nickels - "My "127.3 soaking wet" ass will meet you anytime. Come to Houston and send me a PM. ... I'm near Yale and Rutland but I will meet your worthless black ass anywhere in the city.
    edit - Yale and 27th. Near Rutland."

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: "Steel Curtain's" Donnie Shell, brings SC State's Pro Hall of Fame count to Four

I grew up watching the great Steeler teams. Well deserved. What a defense the Steelers had in the 70s.

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Panther88 View Post
    Congrats to Donnie Shell & well deserved. Certainly a lot of great history, legacy, & notoriety @ SCSt.

Congrats also to SU’s Harold Carmichael for his induction. Hopefully Mel Blount and Otis Taylor make it in as well. History, legacy, & notoriety.
    Mel Blount is in the HOF, he was inducted a long time ago. Otis Taylor should probably get in as well. That Steeler defense in the 70's was the greatest of all time. There are 4 or 5 guys in the HOF right now from that defense with a couple of guys with a real shot at getting in down the road here a bit.
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”– Thomas Jefferson

AGS FCS Champion

Totally looked over SU's members: Southern (3): Mel Blount; Harold Carmichael; Aeneas Williams
    POTUS #46, joseph r. biden - "Blacks..racial jungle"
    POTUS #45, donald j. trump -
    "Blacks are STUPID"
    Bison Fan in NW MN-"Hey farrahkan, burn any businesses lately?"
    Nickels - "My "127.3 soaking wet" ass will meet you anytime. Come to Houston and send me a PM. ... I'm near Yale and Rutland but I will meet your worthless black ass anywhere in the city.
    edit - Yale and 27th. Near Rutland."

Major FCS Ruler Derby City Duke's Avatar
    My Team
    James Madison
    Back on the Bourbon Trail, but as the Designated Driver

Congratulations to Mr. Shell.
    "Time is something that cannot be bought, it cannot be wagered with God, and it is not an endless supply. Time is simply how you live your life." -- Craig Sager

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." -- Jim Valvano

Champion, 2018 MVFC Pick 'em

Congrats

My Team
    Alabama State

Well deserved!

2003 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Conference Champions
    2007 Liberty Bowl Champions(Hail State)
    3x 1st Team All SWAC/ 2007 2nd team All-SEC

BZ Nupe!