Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal?

AGS FCS Expert
    My Team
    VMI

Re: Transfer Portal?

VMI back up QB Chance newman, reportedly will leave VMI after exams, and go to Jax. State....has 2 years remaining...

https://vmikeydets.com/sports/footba...ce-newman/4709
    1-AA is tops!!

FCS Master

Samford signed 2 from FBS, both of which were from B'ham area HSs. Both are very impressive looking players. From Vandy we got J R Tran-Reno, a 6-1, 214 lb. RB who was a 3*** listed player by all of the services. He was the 5A Back of the Year in the state in 2018. He could be used in many different positions, and is listed as Athlete. He was a RS Fr. at Vandy last year.
    Patrick Nuss is a 6-7, 315 OL from UAB. He was a 2** recruit. He is a RS Jr this year. Nuss played in every game last year and started several for the Blazers.

My Team
    Western Illinois

Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

AGS FCS Expert
    My Team
    VMI

VMI All-Amer. QB Reece Udinski will transfer..............in May, after he plays the Spring Season, and use his fifth year elsewhere.

Statement from Coach Scott Wachenheim on Reece Udinski - Virginia Military Institute (vmikeydets.com)
    1-AA is tops!!

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by kdinva View Post
    VMI All-Amer. QB Reece Udinski will transfer..............in May, after he plays the Spring Season, and use his fifth year elsewhere.

Statement from Coach Scott Wachenheim on Reece Udinski - Virginia Military Institute (vmikeydets.com)
    Oh, cool, he’s gonna play for VMI this spring...if there is a spring season. Didn’t catch that in the post on the SoCon thread.
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

My Team
    The North Dakota State University

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Dobie View Post
    FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) - North Dakota State senior running back Adam Cofield announced his plans to enter the transfer portal Wednesday afternoon.
    The 5-foot-11, 200 pound running back posted to Twitter and Instagram, sharing he will graduate in December and then plans to transfer. He said in his statement that he has, “a goal to make it to the next level and with that being said this is the best decision for me to achieve my goal.”

Cofield made 11 starts at running back and played in all 16 games in his junior season, extending his streak to 31 consecutive games played.
    He was one of four 600-yard rushers on the Bison roster last year and was second on the team with 167 carries and 46 rushing first downs, ranking fourth in the Missouri Valley Football Conference with 12 rushing touchdowns and 13 total touchdowns.
    Bison fans will remember him most for his career-best 71-yard touchdown on fourth-and-1 to break a 16-16 tie with 2:32 left in the eventual win at South Dakota State last year.

Link
    Headed to Western Kentucky.
    Living the Dream

My Team
    Chattanooga

So VMI is losing their two top QB's?

AGS FCS Master
    My Team
    New Hampshire

Evan Horn, UNH Senior Safety, Punt Returner and long snapper has entered the portal. Horn was 1st Team preseason All CAA and 3rd Team Stats Pre-Season All American. I suspect he will end up on a FBS roster somewhere.
    "Knowledge is Good" Emil Faber

My Team
    Sam Houston State

Lafayette QB Keegan Shoemaker, 2019 Patriot League Freshman of the Year and FCS Freshman All-American, as well as Lafayette's offensive MVP in 2019, has transferred to Sam Houston State.

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

UNI TE Briley Moore, who transferred to Kansas State, finished the year with a killer 22 catches for 338 yards and 3 TD. Half of his receptions were in the first two games. As the season went on his PT got less and less. There was a game he had more tackles than receptions.

All of those are about half of his last full season at UNI.

All for a team that went 4-6.

I'm sure that his draft stock is 3495928343 times higher right now than it was at UNI though.

I still have no issue with kids transferring and doing what they feel is best for them, just interesting to see his last 9 months play out like they did from being all in UNI family challenge for a title to being completely about draft stock and deleting all UNI related stuff to transferring to K State to back to being all about draft stock to stating he wouldn't play a snap for KSU unless some students were expelled to never following through on that to starting game 1 and having 6 receptions and a TD to being non existent the last 75% of the season.