Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal?

Transfer Portal?

Montana just had a player (Jesse Owens) enter the transfer portal & speculation is that he may be a walk-on in basketball at the other FCS school in Montana. Question does he really need to enter the transfer portal to be a walk-on in a different sport? Personally I don't get any player switching to a different sport, just seems logical to make that decision in High School. So do any other teams have anyone entering the Transfer Portal?

Re: Transfer Portal?

Quote Originally Posted by 100%GRIZ View Post
    Montana just had a player (Jesse Owens) enter the transfer portal & speculation is that he may be a walk-on in basketball at the other FCS school in Montana. Question does he really need to enter the transfer portal to be a walk-on in a different sport? Personally I don't get any player switching to a different sport, just seems logical to make that decision in High School. So do any other teams have anyone entering the Transfer Portal?
    Northern Iowa WR Jaylin Rima. He played three seasons at UNI (and is grandson of the UNI play-by-play announcer for UNI football and men's basketball for many years, Gary Rima). Announced it early in the season.
    “Every time I call it a call it a game, you call it a business! And every time I call it a business, you call it a game!"

My Team
    Illinois State and Chicago

Jacob Keller a back up Qb at Uni entered the transfer portal. I hear Jacob looking to transfer and playing college hoops is a big consideration. He had a couple of d 1 offers for basketball back in high school although he was vocal about wanting to play college football so his basketball recruitment was lite.

AGS FCS Expert
    My Team
    VMI

VMI: Liam Kauthen, starting ILB. This has Keydet fans shaking their heads. Could have been All SoCon next Fall.....(actually, he mentioned this to Coach Wach right before the Army game, so Coach said "good luck, turn in your gear". He didn't dress or play VMI's last 2 games).
    1-AA is tops!!

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird007 View Post
    Jacob Keller a back up Qb at Uni entered the transfer portal. I hear Jacob looking to transfer and playing college hoops is a big consideration. He had a couple of d 1 offers for basketball back in high school although he was vocal about wanting to play college football so his basketball recruitment was lite.
    I've heard Horizon League schools are calling for him

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Windmill Cancer Survivor
    My Team
    NDSU

Personally I don't get any player switching to a different sport, just seems logical to make that decision in High School.
    I think its pretty reasonable to have a change of heart on which collegiate sport you'd like to play especially for a 17-21 yo kid/young adult.

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I think its pretty reasonable to have a change of heart on which collegiate sport you'd like to play especially for a 17-21 yo kid/young adult.

Typical of you. Some of us believe you live up to the commitments that you make.
    This is something you would never understand though.

My Team
    Indiana State

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne_Malvo View Post
    Typical of you. Some of us believe you live up to the commitments that you make.
    This is something you would never understand though.
    The only commitment a football team makes is a 1 year scholarship

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Good question...I don't know. Can you play 4 years in one sport, then transfer to another school (or stay in the same school for that matter) and play for more years in another sport? I guess people that want to put off working in the real world, or are going for a PHd or something could do this. Nothing preventing doing multiple sports at the same school (except coaches, season overlap, etc) in the same years. Then in this case going to another school to play a different sport, not sure why they would need the transfer portal.
    Funnier than no one, loser at smack

My Team
    Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore62 View Post
    The only commitment a football team makes is a 1 year scholarship
    Yep. Let's hold a 18-22 y/o kid to a higher standard than an institution of higher learning or the coaches that recruit them.