Quote Originally Posted by JayJ79 View Post
what do you mean by "bracketed together"?
They'll never be set up as a first-round matchup, since they are conference-mates (who I believe have a "protected rivalry" so that they're guaranteed to play each other in the regular season each year, but I don't follow the Big Sky that closely, so maybe that isn't the case).
If one was seeded and the other not, they could easily set it up so that they'd face each other in the second round. They do that to MVFC teams all the time.
Chaos meant if both teams are unseeded, they will NEVER play each other in the first round, as you stated. Not only would we already have played an in-conference game during the regular season, but it would literally be the week prior. Even without the rule against a rematch against a conference foe, I think the committee would still do whatever it took to not have a playoff game be a rematch of a game played only 1 week before.

He didn't say that it couldn't be set up for a rematch in Round 2 (or QF or semis), just that it hasn't because, as bobcathpdevil alluded, MSU hasn't been holding up its end of the bargain when it comes to making the playoffs and making it a possibility.