Thread: Monmouth @ #2 James Madison

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Major FCS Ruler Derby City Duke's Avatar
    My Team
    James Madison
    Back on the Bourbon Trail, but as the Designated Driver

Monmouth @ #2 James Madison

The Monmouth Hawks come to Bridgeforth Stadium for a 2nd-round FCS playoff matchup.

The Hawks and Dukes have never faced each other, though they just announced a home-and-home for the '24 and '25 seasons.

Game time is 1:00
    "Time is something that cannot be bought, it cannot be wagered with God, and it is not an endless supply. Time is simply how you live your life." -- Craig Sager

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." -- Jim Valvano

Champion, 2018 MVFC Pick 'em

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Lehigh/Temple/DePaul/Kansas State

Re: Monmouth @ #2 James Madison

JMU should roll! Anywhere from a 21-35 point win depending on Bahar's health.
    Temple B.B.A., DePaul M.Ed., Kansas State Ph.D. (in progress) & Lehigh Blood! Go Mountain Hawks!

My Team
    Holy Cross

Quote Originally Posted by Go Lehigh TU owl View Post
    JMU should roll! Anywhere from a 21-35 point win depending on Bahar's health.
    Agree. I see this as a 48-17 type of game. This may well be JMU's most talented group ever, to include their national championship teams.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by NY Crusader 2010 View Post
    Agree. I see this as a 48-17 type of game. This may well be JMU's most talented group ever, to include their national championship teams.
    not so sure about that, although DiNucci has played like a champ this year, which is common for FBS Transfer QB coming off his Jr year, it was Bryan Schor that put JMU over the top in 2016, DiNucci is not as good as him IMHO

My Team
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanhen View Post
    not so sure about that, although DiNucci has played like a champ this year, which is common for FBS Transfer QB coming off his Jr year, it was Bryan Schor that put JMU over the top in 2016, DiNucci is not as good as him IMHO
    I honestly couldn’t tell you which is better at this point. From a sheer arm strength and speed standpoint Ben is the better player. Schor was great when things broke down, but he also benefited from a stable of WRs and RBs that included multiple NFL/XFL guys in hindsight. End of the day they’re probably about even IMO, but the athleticism and arm strength I think gets Ben a better shot at next level than Schor had.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by jmu007 View Post
    I honestly couldn’t tell you which is better at this point. From a sheer arm strength and speed standpoint Ben is the better player. Schor was great when things broke down, but he also benefited from a stable of WRs and RBs that included multiple NFL/XFL guys in hindsight. End of the day they’re probably about even IMO, but the athleticism and arm strength I think gets Ben a better shot at next level than Schor had.
    you would know better than me on this, but Schor was a winner... DiNucci now gets his chance

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by jmu007 View Post
    like I've been saying I would take Schor any day

AGS FCS Champion

Monmouth is obviously at a big disadvantage when it comes to skill and depth in this one. They'll need to win the turnover battle, take advantage of their redzone opportunities, and get some explosive plays on offense to stay in the game. To have any chance I think they'll need to score 30+ which JMU has only allowed once all season. That said all the pressure will be on JMU so Monmouth will be able to play as if they have nothing to lose... for once it's not a cliché for them to say the only people who think they have a chance to win are in their locker room.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

JMU by a lot.

First Class FCS Advocate Blue Waves Crest's Avatar
    My Team
    Monmouth

Stoked about this game. Not because I think Monmouth is gonna win but because they’re playing with house money and we’re gonna learn exactly how well our best team ever stacks up against the top of the FCS. We’re gonna get that closure that a lot of times ya don’t get in college sports (specifically thinking of our 2016 hoops team), which is why I think the FCS playoffs is really cool.

I don’t see the Hawks laying an egg here, they’re way too proud and too veteran of a group to do that and I think THEY think they have a shot, which they should, they’re the players. In their minds they went out to Missoula and were within a single score midway thru the 4th in one of the legendary environments (and #5 team) in all of FCS and won’t be intimated by the spectacle.

I said this on another thread but sometimes in sports a talented team that has nothing to lose can be very dangerous. The question is how dangerous exactly. If Kenji is healthy I hope we see the full arsenal of the balanced offense, and to see what our veteran OL can do against your venerable front seven. Best of luck to you guys, hoping for a competitive game Saturday and the full FCS playoff experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk