View Poll Results: How will this matchup turn out?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Southeastern Louisiana wins

19 65.52%
  • Nicholls wins

10 34.48%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholls @ Southeastern Louisiana - Week 13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Sam Houston

Nicholls @ Southeastern Louisiana - Week 13

For the conference title and automatic playoff bid. Should be a really good game and a great way to end a wacky Southland season.
    The Moth don't care if the Flame is real.

Re: Nicholls @ Southeastern Louisiana - Week 13

Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
    For the conference title and automatic playoff bid. Should be a really good game and a great way to end a wacky Southland season.
    For those from afar, not really familiar with south Louisiana football, Southeastern vs Nicholls is a REAL rivalry that draws well every year, and gets the attention of New Orleans and Baton Rouge media, regardless of records. The schools are 78 miles apart, share the same recruiting territory, and many families in the area have both SLU and Nicholls grads. This will be the first time since the two schools began playing in 1972, that both schools have a conference championship at stake. We anticipate a packed house and raucous environment in Strawberry Stadium. This is a great match up for south Louisiana and FCS football in our state. Get their early.

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    Sam Houston

Quote Originally Posted by lionsrking2 View Post
    For those from afar, not really familiar with south Louisiana football, Southeastern vs Nicholls is a REAL rivalry that draws well every year, and gets the attention of New Orleans and Baton Rouge media, regardless of records. The schools are 78 miles apart, share the same recruiting territory, and many families in the area have both SLU and Nicholls grads. This will be the first time since the two schools began playing in 1972, that both schools have a conference championship at stake. We anticipate a packed house and raucous environment in Strawberry Stadium. This is a great match up for south Louisiana and FCS football in our state. Get their early.
    Rivalries are always exponentially better when both teams are good. Hope there is a sellout and lots of great tailgating. If I wasn't going to be out of town next weekend, I would have seriously considered road-tripping to this game. Good luck to both teams, but I think the Lions have a better shot at actually making noise in the playoffs. For that reason, I will be rooting for them to win.
    The Moth don't care if the Flame is real.

My Team
    Abilene Christian

I really have zero doubt that SLU takes this one; rivalry or not.
    "Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance." Samuel Johnson

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
    For A SHARE OF the conference title and automatic playoff bid. Should be a really good game and a great way to end a wacky Southland season.
    FYP

Hey I gotta be positive about my Bears even with the way we are playing!
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.

My Team
    Nicholls State

Yeah, try as I might, I can't really ever hate on SLU. I have a long history of family that attended that university. So, I'll be rooting for my alma mater Thursday, but if SLU takes it, after I stew for a week, I'll be warm to them representing the conference in the playoffs.
    RAH RAH WEE KICK EM IN THE KNEE RAH RAH RASS KICK EM IN.....THE OTHER KNEE

My Team
    Alabama A&M

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Yeah, try as I might, I can't really ever hate on SLU. I have a long history of family that attended that university. So, I'll be rooting for my alma mater Thursday, but if SLU takes it, after I stew for a week, I'll be warm to them representing the conference in the playoffs.
    That’s what makes this rivalry the best of all the in-state ones we play. So close together that families and friends are inner twined between the two. Not to mention recruiting against each other so geographically close. Another thing that makes it great is that each fan base is able to travel well, so good numbers in the stands for both sides. If there was one drawback at all it would be the Thursday night game. But really, I think Thursday evening is better for the student section here in Hammond. Going to be a good one....I hope....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    McNeese State

Well, if Fourcade is on like he was Saturday an Lache is as productive. I will take the Colonels in this one.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw

My Team
    Geaux Colonels

Went with the homer pick again. With the emergence of the passing game, I think Nicholls can score enough to get it done.

Colonels are 3-0 in the Southland with 5 Dixon in the lineup. He had 140 receiving in the first half against UCA before he was injured, then went for 185 yards last week against McNeese.

Me and and my nephew will be there. Geaux Colonels!

My Team
    Abilene Christian

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Went with the homer pick again. With the emergence of the passing game, I think Nicholls can score enough to get it done.

Colonels are 3-0 in the Southland with 5 Dixon in the lineup. He had 140 receiving in the first half against UCA before he was injured, then went for 185 yards last week against McNeese.

Me and and my nephew will be there. Geaux Colonels!

The key for you guys is how well will your passing game stack up against a very stout and fast defensive front? IF you can handle that you may be ok, but pass rushing has been a weakness for your guys. SLU ended up playing very well defensively upfront, just as SHSU did. That was one area they really surprised me the most.
    "Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance." Samuel Johnson