Re: If ______ Played Davis's Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Reign of Terrier View Post
    Rookie, I filter by conference!
    But I have to see if NDSU won!

Spoiler, they did

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by uofmman1122 View Post
    How many schools would beat Cal, NDSU, Weber State, Montana, or UND @ UND?

I could give you that last one, but that's an FBS, 3 top 5 teams, and an undefeated team @ home who has beaten several top 25 teams. I could be convinced to go as far up as 10, but I'd bet there are several top-10 FCS schools that would struggle playing @UND.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
    Yeah, I guess I was thinking it would be a tougher stretch maybe to get that UND win for most of those other 10-15 teams after that 3 week stretch. But at the time it didn't look like they would necessarily lose that road game either...I'd say it was sort of a 50/50 at that point for me. Pretty tough traveling schedule when you are taking it on the chin in that span.
    So I think we're all in agreement that @UND is the swing game there. The 5 wins UC Davis has are easily winnable for a top 25 caliber FCS team and the other 4 losses UC Davis has are games 95% of FCS teams lose.

I don't think UND is as bad as their road losses to EWU and Idaho St indicate but I also don't think they're as good home wins vs SHSU, UC Davis, and Montana St have made them look either. They've had some self-inflicted issues on the road but they've taken advantage of the similar issues from visiting teams when they've been at home. Bottom line is a good team is capable of going to Grand Forks and beating UND and any one of those 3 could've did that had they played cleaner games.

Just off the top of my head I'd take NDSU, JMU, Weber St, Sac St, Montana, UNI, Illinois St, and SDSU go to UND and win. I think you could make arguments for teams like Furman, Dartmouth, Monmouth, Nova, SEMO, Austin Peay, and Central Arkansas. That's 15 teams right there.
    Professor Chaos is a proud supporter of the 9-time NCAA Division 1 Football National Champion North Dakota State Bison.

FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Richmond

2004 if I remember correctly on that one.
    You are corect on the year.

Old Atlantic 10 sent 4 teams and I think all four were 7-1 conference quad champs, and 9-2 overall (excepting Delaware at 8-3).
    Did not look for regular season final standings, but googled 2004 fcs playoffs, that was one impressive bracket.

I'm no better than you...probably
    My Team
    Montana

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So I think we're all in agreement that @UND is the swing game there. The 5 wins UC Davis has are easily winnable for a top 25 caliber FCS team and the other 4 losses UC Davis has are games 95% of FCS teams lose.

I don't think UND is as bad as their road losses to EWU and Idaho St indicate but I also don't think they're as good home wins vs SHSU, UC Davis, and Montana St have made them look either. They've had some self-inflicted issues on the road but they've taken advantage of the similar issues from visiting teams when they've been at home. Bottom line is a good team is capable of going to Grand Forks and beating UND and any one of those 3 could've did that had they played cleaner games.

Just off the top of my head I'd take NDSU, JMU, Weber St, Sac St, Montana, UNI, Illinois St, and SDSU go to UND and win. I think you could make arguments for teams like Furman, Dartmouth, Monmouth, Nova, SEMO, Austin Peay, and Central Arkansas. That's 15 teams right there.
    I think we do agree on most all of it. The small disagreement might be that even though an argument can be made for 15, I don't believe that argument for about 5 of those I guess but it is not because I can or would make a case against any of them I just think 1/2 would win, the other 1/2 would not...outside of the top 5 or 6.
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    The Citadel

2004 if I remember correctly on that one.
    You would be correct. Not a bad memory for old guy. Beat Lehigh, Furman, W&M, all at their places, and the Griz in Chattanooga.
    FIRE THOSE CANNONS!

The Sultan of Sarcasm Grizalltheway's Avatar
    My Team
    Good Ol' Grizzlies

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    You would be correct. Not a bad memory for old guy. Beat Lehigh, Furman, W&M, all at their places, and the Griz in Chattanooga.
    Unfortunately, it's hard to forget the pain of being one game away.

First Class FCS Ruler

Well, UCD has yet to play Montana State and Sac State. If they win both games are they a playoff team?

AGS FCS Champion

I think we do agree on most all of it. The small disagreement might be that even though an argument can be made for 15, I don't believe that argument for about 5 of those I guess but it is not because I can or would make a case against any of them I just think 1/2 would win, the other 1/2 would not...outside of the top 5 or 6.
    It’s not as if UND would go 0-15 and might even pick off a top 5 at home. It’s also not a lock that everyone would go 5-0 with Davis’s wins.

My Team
    Montana

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Yeah, I definitely remember their path that year. Especially remember the thought was W&M were probably gonna be the likely ones to win at that time. JMU had a bruising O line, great team. The safety was a monster too. Damn good running back, WR, hell they were Champs so I don't know why I'm going back over it they were just damn good everywhere.

They were great, the field f'n sucked. But I always loved going to Chattanooga and spending some time there.
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."

My Team
    Montana

Quote Originally Posted by lucchesicourt View Post
    Well, UCD has yet to play Montana State and Sac State. If they win both games are they a playoff team?
    I would think it would be a strong case that could be made depending on what else goes on of course but those would be at least a couple of top flight wins.